Grants and Fundraising Manager
Grants and fundraising Manager
- Reports to: Executive Manager.
- Duration: 12-months, renewable based on the availability of funds.
- Starting salary: To be determined based on experience.
- Location: Aden (HQ).
- Joining date: As soon as possible.
A non-governmental humanitarian development organization, established in 2008 with license No. (98/18) issued by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor in the Republic of Yemen, and was also approved by the Kuwaiti Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Development and International Cooperation Affairs under No. (1184)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance to program and support colleagues on donor compliance and maintain donor information in internal grant management systems up to date, ensuring donor templates are readily available.
- Schedule, organize and record projects cycle management meetings, and review and ensure all mandatory internal documents are in place.
- Identify and track relevant upcoming funding opportunities – through advance intelligence gathering, partner relationships, and other available resources.
- Represent The organization’s business development interests at relevant meetings, events, and within fundraising or donor-specific peer networks.
- Support with capacity building of staff on donor rules and regulations, including update of donor rules and regulations handouts and reporting template.
- Assist liaising between the organization and the donors.
- Develop effective grant proposals and grant reports based on the organizational requirement.
- Lead on the development of high-quality reports, ensuring consistency between narrative and financial reports.
- Engage in periodical meetings to understand the need of fundraising and procedures necessary to obtain funding.
- Develop and maintain internal tools to support proposal development and contribute to the proposal development process as required.
- Understand the need of the organization and search for an appropriate funder in the market or related sources.
- Research for effective and authentic funding opportunities having a lawful registration and proven track record.
- Gathers and presents accurate information to potential funders.
- Ensure that the proposals are in accordance with a funder’s requirement.
- Prepare budget plans and allocation along with the planning and finance department in accordance with each requirement.
- Oversee the final budget chart of the organization to gain information and report to the donors.
- Monitors paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programs.
- Ensure that the funds are utilized in a proper way as planned.
- Support with prospect research on donors to inform donor mapping and fundraising strategy.
- Develop and maintain proactive fundraising tools for presentation/information to donors.
- Conduct fundraising and grants management training for the concern team.
Qualification and Skills:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of relevant experience within the field of expertise.
- Relevant experience in working with INGO or NNGO in the required post.
- Experience of working with humanitarian and development donors
- Good understanding of donor rules and regulations
- Skills and experience in report and proposal writing
- Strong communication, coordination and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills (data and financial)
- Ability to mediate in high-stress scenarios with competing interest
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
How to Apply
If you have the desire and meet the required criteria, you can apply by sending your CV in English and a cover letter as well to the following e-mail address:
Deadline for Applying: September 29, 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل