Evaluation and Learning Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Evaluation and Learning Officer
Band / Level / Grade
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC responds to people’s acute and longer-term needs with integrated programs that improve health and safety, prioritize children’s education, foster economic well-being, and empower communities to regain control over their lives. Our work gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, conflict sensitivity, coordination, and impact.
The IRC Yemen began its programs in October 2012. Since establishing its presence in the South of Yemen, in the Red Sea Coastal city of Aden, the organization has grown from just an implementing small project to handling large scale emergency and relief operations. Following the war which broke out in Yemen in March of 2015 and the humanitarian disaster, which was crafted by the same, IRC launched one an emergency response program in the southern governorates of Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Shabwah, and Aldalea. Currently, IRC Yemen is operating in eight governorates in the south and north of Yemen and Sana’a and Hodeidah in the North through direct programming and through local partnerships in Health, WASH, Nutrition, Economic Recovery Development, Education, Child Protection, Gender and Women Protection and Empowerment.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) has been working in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) for more than forty years. Today, the IRC has more than 2,200 staff working across the region, including in Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Syria, and Yemen, to support those affected by some of the world’s most complex and protracted humanitarian crises.
SCOPE OF WORK:
Working under the direct supervision of the Senior Evaluation and Learning Officer, the Evaluation and Learning Officer will be based in the IRC Aden Office, Yemen, with the ability to travel to all Yemen governorates. The Evaluation and Learning Officer will support in designing the data collection tools, and planning the surveys and assessments until their completion, including report writing and documentation of lessons learned. The Evaluation and Learning Officer will also coordinate and work closely with all program staff to facilitate the implementation of evaluation and learning activities.
The Evaluation and Learning Officer is responsible for coordinating with program staff to facilitate the implementation of evaluation and learning activities, designing data collection tools, uploading the data collection tools to CommCare, data collection team training, supervising the data collection process, reviewing the collected data, data cleaning and analysis, and report drafting. The evaluation and learning officer will also support and facilitate the learning process by capturing the lessons learned and participating in the preparation of the Project Learning Meetings (PLM).
- Position Reports to Senior Evaluation and Learning Officer.
- The position directly supervises field-based surveys and evaluations.
- Other Internal and/or external contacts: MEAL Coordinator, M&E Managers, CRA Manager, Sector leads.
- Participate in the development of the assessment Terms of Reference (ToR), data collection tools, assessment planning, and budgeting.
- Ensure the timely uploading of surveys and evaluation data collection tools to the CommCare app. Test the online tools to identify any issues or errors and take corrective actions to ensure proper functioning.
- Select the data collection team (enumerators) and maintain an updated database.
- Conduct trainings for the data collection teams, supervise the implementation of all assessments to ensure high data quality, identify challenges, and provide support for corrective actions.
- Perform data verification and quality checks to assess the accuracy and reliability of the collected data and take necessary actions to address any identified anomalies or inconsistencies.
- Provide leadership and guidance in the survey and evaluation process, ensuring the full participation of program staff from planning through data collection to reporting and drawing conclusions and recommendations.
- Carry out data cleaning, analysis, and visualization for surveys and evaluations using data analysis software such as SPSS, R, and MS Excel and produce quality surveys/ evaluation reports, including Factsheets.
- Register all planned evaluations on the IRC surveys and evaluations PowerBI tracker and ensure that all evaluations are conducted in line with IRC’s survey guidelines and timelines.
- Capturing lessons learned from the surveys and evaluations conducted, sharing the lessons with the MEAL & program teams, and generating notes on lessons learned.
- Ensure all Evaluation and Learning documents are archived in the BOX folder.
- Coordinate with the Government Liaison team, the HAS team, local authorities, and other collaborators on conducting evaluation and assessment activities.
- Promote and actively participate in initiatives and efforts to build team engagement, inclusion, and cohesion in IRC [team/office]
- Foster ongoing learning, honest dialogue, and reflection to strengthen safeguarding and promote IRC values and adherence to IRC policies.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Senior Evaluation and Learning Officer.
REQUIREMENTS: (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities):
- University degree or equivalent experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, Statistics, Research, Data Science, or related field
- Minimum of three years of working experience in evaluation, learning, or research.
- Experience in leading multi-sector surveys or evaluations, e.g., post-distribution monitoring, baseline, endline, needs assessment, and KAP surveys, will be a distinct advantage.
- Experience in data collection using mobile data collection systems such as Commcare, KoBoCollect, or ODK.
- Experience in data analysis using Excel, PowerBI, ENA, SPSS, and/or STATA. This will include hands-on experience in data capturing and coding, analysis, reporting of indicator data, and supervising data collection.
- Strong technical skills in writing assessment reports.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong team-work skills.
Skills and Abilities:
- Very good written and verbal skills in both English and Arabic language.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support.
- Good interpersonal skills that function across a diversity of multi-cultural work environments.
- Good facilitator,and a standout colleague with a flexible attitude in solving problems.
- High-level communication, influencing, and coaching skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively, proactively, and timely.
- Active listening and effective communication.
- Professionalism and work ethic.
- Receptive and Resilient.
- Computer proficiency.
- Leadership experience.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Team-work talent.
- Problem-solving skills.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
IRC strives to build a diverse and inclusive team at all levels who as individuals, and as a group, embody our culture statement creating a working environment characterized by critical reflection, power sharing, debate, and objectivity for us to achieve our aspirations as a team and deliver the best possible services to our clients.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل