Storekeeper/Radio Operator This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Solidarités International seeks to recruit:
Location of position: Al Turbah– Taiz Governorate
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI’s mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen in 2017 and it has an operational base in Al Turbah with a sub-office in Taiz City. The mission currently consists of an emergency and post-emergency program with a WASH-focused approach in the districts of the West coast, in Taiz and Hudaydah governorates.
The position will be based in Al Turbah.
II. Responsibilities and Tasks:
Goal / Purpose:
The storekeeper/Radio operator manages the receipt, storage, safe-keeping and delivery of food, goods, tools and equipment used by Solidarités International or under the responsibility of Solidarités International. He/she participates in the drafting and monitoring of all administrative documents related to stored items. The storekeeper/Radio operator will take part in the safety of Solidarités International teams by monitoring all movements. He/she will support the logistics supervisor on management of Durable Equipment, follow up, record, track keeping and maintaining and up to date Durable equipment of the base. He/she ensures a permanent level of communication between Solidarités International teams and the bases.
List of main tasks:
Maintenance of store buildings, and stored equipment
- Monitor the storage facilities and infrastructure both from inside and outside: locate damages and propose the necessary repairs
- Supervise cleaning and regular disinfection of storage spaces
- Introduce protection against insects and pests inside the storage spaces and apply treatment upon the first sign of infection
- Ensure adequate ventilation of the spaces
- Ensure the equipment and machines used by teams are cleaned before returning to storage
- Monitor the quality of products at the time of receipt. Put aside non-compliant or infected products and report to the logistics supervisor
- Regularly monitor the quality of products during storage. Pay special attention to expiration dates
Management of storage spaces
- In conjunction with the logistic supervisor, make provisions for the staff and necessary equipment for loading / unloading
- Supervise the team of daily workers charged with storage activities
- Draft or complete dispatch and receipt documents in compliance with Solidarités International standards
- Monitor incoming and outgoing equipment
- Maintain updated inventory lists, and all other related stock documents.
- Participate in monthly inventories of stored goods and equipment and reconciliation with what should be in stock
- Update stock Report on daily bases and sent to the line manager at the end of each month.
Management of Equipment
- Oversee daily management of telecommunication equipment by distributing the equipment to teams as they leave for the field and ensuring that it is given back on their return
- Record all activity involving telecommunication materials, sat phones, tracker, GPS and other equipment in his/her care
- Maintain up to date park statement, responsibility follow up, and support Logistics supervisor for implementation of durable equipment policy and procedure at his/her assign base
- Ensure that satellite telephones, trackers, cameras and GPS are fully and correctly charged
- Diagnose and report to his/her line manager any breakdown, damage or loss of equipment Install telecommunication facilities on the bases
Communication / Movement Monitoring
- Receive and monitor movement tracking messages sent to bases and record them in the log book
- If required, assume an intermediary role and relay messages between bases and teams
- Follow the location of teams in the field and during town expeditions
- Play a central role in the monitoring of team field location and report any information regarding their safety to his/her line manager
- Ensure that teams are fully trained in the use of IT equipment, communication materials and all the staff movements are monitored according to Solidarites International standard movement procedures
- Ensure that Solidarités International users follow communication procedures, particularly concerning sensitive information.
Drafting of reports
- Draft activity and inventory reports and forward them to the line manager
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
- Line manager: Logistics Supervisor
- Line reports on base: -
- Functional manager: Logistics Supervisor
- Functional report(s): Workers
- Diploma in Logistics, or any other related fields
- At least 1-year Previous experience in one of the 2 fields is fundamental.
- Knowledge of the local humanitarian context
- Proficiency in spoken English is expected
- Ability to work in structured manner and independently with limited oversight.
- Proactive, very motivated
- Ability to work under pressure
- Sense of responsibility
- Trustworthiness and a lot of rigor
- Organization and priorities management
- Knowledge of basic compliance standards within logistics
- Knowledge of basic compliance standards within Security
- Good knowledge of Pack Office (Excel, Word and Power Point) and Internet browsers
- Excellent English level (written and spoken)
- Experience in warehouse management and able to deal with an important amount of stocks
- Knowledge of the local humanitarian context
- Ability to work with a wide range of tools
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل