Job Title: Finance Officer
Band/ Level / Grade: 8B
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Scope of Work:
The IRC is seeking a multifaceted Finance Officer to assist the Finance team in handling all aspects of day to day financial duties stated here. The position is based in Aden office.
Under the direct supervision of the Deputy Finance controller, the Finance Officer handles month end closing reporting.
- Regular and open communication with IRC staff from all departments and field offices.
Cash and Bank payment processing.
- Reviews payment requests to verify that all the necessary supporting documents have been committed and that the payments are for eligible expenditures as per the grant agreement.
- Check and review cash and bank books of the office and field offices (Account codes, descriptions, grants, etc) this involves validating them in Q&A SUN and posting them in SUN.
- Responsible for all month end report processing in Q&A and later posted to SUN.
- Reconciling cash/bank books with bank statements.
- Posting cash books and other journals in SUN (For end of month)
- Preparing correction journals to be approved and reviewed while posting end of the month reports.
- Review monthly payroll and do allocation per each staff to the correct grant T codes.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliation before submission to finance management and final approval.
- Ensure that all financial transactions (soft and hard copies) all filed properly on daily basis and easily accessible.
- Participate in Bid Analysis, Tender Committee as assigned and delegated by senior Finance officer.
- Ensure compliance with IRC procedures and guidelines.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Sub-award Partner Management System
- With support of Deputy finance controller participate in the Pre-Award Assessment and analysis Finance tools with the committee and provide feedback with support documents to the management.
- Follow-up partner Payments and financial reporting according to the contract terms and conditions by comparing with SUN
- Review all the financial reports of the partner and perform financial monitoring and compliance reporting visits by checking all the documents with the partner
- Review financial reports and transactions provided by the partner on a timely basis, and provide feedback to partners as required.
- With assistant of finance management develop and perform capacity building plan for local partners.
- In collaboration with Partnership grants team ensure all partners tools are in place and filed
- Assist finance team in responding to internal and external Audits requirements.
- In liaison with Logistics department, assist in preparation of commitment lists every month for financial obligations already entered into but not collected in financial reports.
- Coordinate with Supply Chain Department on assets inventory verification process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance from recognized College/Institutions
- a minimum of two years of accounting experience in International Organizations.
- Computer literate with significant experience in excel, accounting package knowledge (SUN system) will be an added advantage.
C. Skills and Abilities:
- Very Good written and verbal skills in the English language.
- Ability to carry out responsibilities independently with minimal technical support.
- Good interpersonal skills that function across a diversity of cultures.
- Good at role of facilitator and great teammate in solving problems.
- Initiative to learn new things and working with other team
The position offers programmable workload and communicate with finance and program staff to review/update accounting systems and train staff in the field.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and carries out policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
How to Apply
- Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/20034?c=rescue
- CV, Copies of the academic and work certificates should be submitted in the system.
- Deadline for Applying: Sep 26, 2021. System will stop receiving CVs at 12:00 A.M, Sep 26, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل