Supply Chain Officer (Warehouse/ Assets) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
SUPPLY CHAIN OFFICER (WAREHOUSE / ASSETS)
The Supply Chain Officer as an integral member of the Supply Chain Department holds primary responsibility for inventory, asset, and property. The role holder will be responsible for all aspects of the IRC inventory policies related to warehouse, Assets and property operations, including but not limited to receiving, storage, inventory control, selecting, loading, and dispatch of goods besides being accountable for maintaining the safety and security of the workplace. They coordinate operations with 3rd-party loading services and ensure customer support through accurate, on-time shipments. They are also responsible for planning, organizing, leading, and directing the activities of warehouse personnel.
A. Asset and Property
You will ensure:
- Ensuring that all assets are controlled and managed properly in accordance to donor-specific polices.
- The implementation and/or maintenance of standard IRC assets management policies and procedures.
- Update the Asset register, and the inventory list for assets and expendable store and produce monthly reports.
- Work closely with supervisor to dispose assets including Auction, transfer, and donation process management in line with donor regulations and approval, with reference to organization policy.
- Conduct asset inventory (physical count) during the reporting period.
- Pull out updated asset list for end of grant report and develop assets running cost analysis.
- Expedite and facilitate utilities, communication, and security payments.
B. Asset, properties and Materials Receiving and Dispatch
You will ensure:
- Manage Assets, property and materials receiving process by ensuring that received documents are cross checked and Goods inspected
- Make sure that the documents and Assets, properties and materials received from suppliers and other sources are accurate and complete
- Liaise with the Supply Chain manager and Supply Chain coordinator to advise Programs of potential inventory shortages and to provide update on stock levels
- Ensure that the cold chain system is organized and that “keep-cool” items are handled appropriately
- Ensure timely dispatch of Assets, properties and materials from the stores and accurate update of appropriate dispatch documents
- Implement GSC SOPs on assets and inventory management.
- Handle all Contribution In Kind (CIK) and Closed Grant Inventory
- Organize the replenishment of stock items as need arises based on an approved purchase requisition
C. Assets and Warehouse Documentation
You will Support:
- Certificate of Disposal, Asset Transfer and Asset list are updated and tracked always
- Stock cards, bin cards and inventory systems are regularly updated
- Standard warehouse documentation processes such as delivery Report, Waybills, Store Release, Bin Cards, and Stock Cards are accurately Implemented in accordance with IRC SOPs
- Warehouse activity book recording (i.e. Warehouse Register) for all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities maintained
- That Warehouse and Assets Authorization Schedule is up to date and implemented
D. Warehouse Controls
You will support:
- 20% inventory cycle count for all stock is conducted monthly or as per IRC Inventory management SOPs
- Internal inventory checks are conducted and appropriate records accurately kept
- The correct stock procedures, (FIFO, FEFO, and LIFO) for goods in the warehouse are used.
- That the storage facilities are well arranged with appropriate layout, and signs display in strategic locations
- The assignment of tasks and supervision of the working of warehouse personnel, including casual labourers is done
- That Year-end inventory counts exercise is conducted and provide accurate reports
E. Warehouse Safety and Security
You will support:
- Ensure physical security of the Warehouse by restricting visitors and any other unauthorized persons
- Implement and ensure clear safety procedures.
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse building(s), fittings and equipment.
- Ensure warehouse is regularly fumigated against pest, rats, rodents etc.,
- Ensure fire extinguishers are well maintained and periodically serviced
The position holder will:
- Prepare and submit accurate inventory, property and Asset reports to supervisor on time as per donor regulations for Asset.
- Manage, continuously update and regularly report to supervisor Mater Asset List
- Support with developing and updating of warehouse material distribution plans as required.
G. Legal and Compliance
- Identify, document and timely report any IRC Inventory management deviations following the mechanism in place for appropriate follow up.
- Ensure all staff (international and national) are familiar and comply fully with the IRC Way policies;
- Implement and sustain segregation duties in Inventory and asset management and other related functions.
- Review and provide feedback on assigned supply chain reports submitted by country offices;
- Develop and support implementation of improvement plans.
- Promptly Inform the Supply Chain coordinator/Deputy Director for Operations and/or County Director any areas of concern or potential or suspected supply chain policy violations.
- Provide constructive support to other functions to ensure effective, compliance to policies & procedures.
- Implement discrete, time-bound Inventory and asset management initiatives which improve performance or compliance (i.e. implementing post-audit corrective action plan);
H. Staff Management and Development:
- Support recruitment of junior Warehouse staff
- Provide face to face and remote orientation to newly hired supply chain staff
- Deliver Training and Professional development programmes
- Coordinate training and maintain training records
Key Working Relationships:
Position directly supervises: None
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
- Internal: Regular relationships with program staff, Operations and country Supply Chain staff at all levels,
- External: Vendors.
Education: College degree or equivalent in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration or related field
Work Experience: At least 5 years of work experience in supply chain operations (Warehouse/Asset).Prior experience of working in Logistics, Inventory or Warehouse management position in a multi-cultural environment.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Fluent English and Amharic written and spoken.
- Competent with using computers, especially Microsoft Office Word and Excel spreadsheets and Outlook.
- General knowledge of Warehouse procedures and tools
- Good mathematical skills
- Strong sense of personal integrity
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Team spirit and problem solving abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Remains productive when under pressure
- Demonstrates a systematic and efficient approach to work
- Relates and works well with people of different cultures, gender and backgrounds
About the IRC
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today work in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل