Social & Behavior Change (SBC) Assistant
Post Title: Social & Behavior Change (SBC) assistant
Number of Vacancies: 1
Based in: Aden, Yemen
Reports to: SBC Manager
JSI is a global nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. Founded in 1978, JSI collaborates with government agencies, the private sector, and local nonprofit and civil society organizations to identify and implement solutions to the most pressing public health and education challenges.
In Yemen, JSI has been managing public health programs since 1988, focusing on improving child health and routine immunization, strengthening the supply chain, and improving reproductive, maternal, and newborn health.
The Strengthening Healthcare Access project is a five-year USAID-funded initiative aimed at enhancing access to and equitable utilization of evidence-based maternal, newborn, and child health; nutrition; family planning; and reproductive health (MNCHN/FP/RH) services in Yemen. Led by JSI, the project collaborates with partners to employ a community-led strategy encompassing demand generation, supply-side reinforcement, and enabling environment support. Through engagement with midwives, community reproductive health volunteers, and community structures, the project will create awareness, facilitate access, and enhance care quality.
The SBC Assistant will be responsible for assisting the SBC Manager in the preparation and field implementation of SBC activities related to Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (MNCH) and Nutrition. He/she will also be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day coordination of the implementation of the SBC's community and facility activities. The SBC Assistant will be based in Aden and will be responsible for the logistical preparation for the implementation of these activities. The SBC Associate will work closely with the SBC Manager and other program staff including partners.
This will be a full-time position based in Aden, Yemen. The SBC assistant will report to the SBC technical Lead.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow up and complete transactions with government agencies such as the MoPHP, particularly the education center, and health offices in the governorates and districts.
- Coordinate and communicate with the education center of MoPHP for planning and implementation purposes and keep close coordination with them.
- Active participation in the inventory of IEC materials.
- Ensure proper implementation of SBC activities and usage of correct messages and materials by CMWs and CRHVs with regular and frequent field visits.
- Assist in the preparation of regular progress reports on a weekly, biweekly, and monthly basis.
- Facilitate supportive supervision visits during SBC campaigns in coordination with education center of MoPHP during SBC campaign.
- Raise Purchase Requests and prepare payment requests and follow-up on their approval by liaising with Finance and Operation Department
- Conduct local purchases within the thresholds for petty cash procurement allowed by JSI policy.
- Ensure all documentations are in place while engaging in participation, coordination, and facilitation of distributions.
- Take care of all the necessary arrangements /booking for meetings, workshops, and events.
- Prepare meetings and workshops materials and other related tasks like: draft agendas, take minutes at meetings and workshops and maintain attendance sheets …etc.
- Prepare all necessary documentation and make all arrangements for SBC weekly movement plans.
- Payment preparation for casual workers and other volunteer staff within PR’s and service agreement
- Maintain and update a contact list for SBC-related activities.
- Type letters both English and Arabic languages.
- Organize and maintain the SBC filing system (soft and Hard copies).
- Translate documents from Arabic to English and vice versa.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Follow and support all policies and requirements related to staff safety and security;
- Uphold JSI’s policies around accountability, fraud/ethics management, child safeguarding, and protection from sexual exploitation and abuse;
- Travel to field sites, as necessary;
- Any additional responsibilities, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in health or related field.
- At least two years’ work experience with an International NGO including one-year experience in Social Behavior Change with promoting behaviors at the community level
- Willingness to be based in and travel extensively in the target districts and governorates
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Arabic
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details
- Advanced computer skills, specifically in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proven ability to work effectively as a team member.
JSI/WEI is a child-safe organization, and the safety and well-being of children is a priority of our organization. We have robust recruitment procedures to ensure that all staff are suited to work with the children served by our programs.
JSI/WEI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or protected veteran status in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
How to Apply
Applicants can send their CVs to this email address:
Please metion the job title in the subject line of the email.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل