Project Assistant (Legal Casework) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Position: Project Assistant (Legal Casework)
- Organizational Unit: Protection
- Duty Station: Yemen, Marib
- IOM Classification: M 4
- Type of Appointment: Third Party Contracted (TPC) MPH Monthly Contract, 6 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
- CFCV No.: CFCV2024.005
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: Tuesday, 13th February 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Under the overall supervision of the Protection Officer and direct supervision of the Senior Programme Assistant-IDP Response, and in collaboration with other relevant units at Ma’rib Sub Office, the Project Assistant (Legal Casework) will support conducting all steps of case management for assigned cases for persons impacted by abuse, exploitation, neglect and violence as a result of eviction threats or forced eviction including civil documentation. In particular, children (UASC and CAAFAG), women, elderly, persons with disabilities and other persons who have been gravely impacted by conflict. Case management will be provided through standalone IOM facilities including Migrant Response Points, Community Response Points, Child Friendly Spaces, and other services:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Provide basic individual legal counselling for persons facing protection threats, risks and vulnerabilities in accordance with all case management steps including on civil documentation, HLP, and family law including referrals for relevant assistance.
2. Compile correct documentation and complete Case Management forms in accordance with all case management steps and related tools and procedures. Which includes maintaining a case-management data tracker for all beneficiaries identified during the projects as wells as working with Protection staff to update and enhance legal counselling case systems.
3. Assist to conduct outreach and home visits (where required) with the Case Manager and ensures appropriate documentation for beneficiaries under eviction threats/forced eviction.
4. Support the day to day interaction with legal committees, community leaders, site focal points to monitor HLP trends at community level/sites.
5. Organise community consultations, dialogue and focus group discussions when needed in support of improving services and support in sites with high eviction threats or trends.
6. Regularly attend case management meetings and relevant case conferencing organized by HLP working group.
7. Provide input for weekly and staff activity reports (Compile and create case reports and summaries using tracking tools and reporting templates in a timely manner.)
8. Perform any other tasks as required.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in LLM or related studies from an accredited academic university or institute with two years of relevant professional experience
- High School diploma with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience providing case management support in Family Law, Civil Law, Housing, Land and Property and Civil Documentation issues.
- Experience supporting legal counselling in , GBV, child protection and general protection case management procedures and processes.
- Experience in usage of office software packages (MS Word, Excel)
- Experience in usage of case management tools and best practices.
- Basic knowledge of legal concepts, terminologies and procedures.
- Knowledge in communicating and working with a wide range of actors, including people of culturally diverse backgrounds, government and authorities, humanitarian actors (UN agencies and NGOs).
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, or Spanish).
For all applicants, fluency in Arabic, English is required (oral and written).
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes
- responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Encourages diversity and inclusion.
- Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, national of the country with automatic right to live and work in the country, and security clearances.
- Females with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.As part of the application process, all candidates, regardless of the type or duration of the contract, must disclose any known relative who works for IOM or is engaged with IOM in any capacity.
- Non-compliance with the relative disclosure requirement can constitute a basis for withdrawal of offer of employment, or if the employment has begun, terminating the employment contract and/or disciplinary action.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل