Internal Auditor This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Responsiveness for Relief and Development Foundation (RRD) is a nongovernment organization that aims to contribute effectively to reducing human suffering in Yemen. RRD works with local communities and stakeholders to provide humanitarian aid for people in conflictaffected areas.
JOB TITLE: Internal Auditor
The Internal Auditor is responsible for supporting the operations of the internal audit control including working in collaboration with programs, finance and procurement and logistic teams to produce highquality and timely donor reports as well as conducting staff capacity building on grants and reporting. He/she will evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls; determine compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations; and participate as a member of special investigation teams when assigned. He/she will develop a thorough understanding of business processes in scope for assigned audits, document the processes in flowcharts and/or process narratives, as well as identify and document inherent risks and controls within the business processes.
REPORTS TO: Board of Trustees (BOT)
SUPERVISION GIVEN BY: Executive Director
LOCATION The position is based in Sana’a with occasional travel to RRD’s branch offices.
CONTRACT DURATION To 31 December 2022, renewable according to the fund availability
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop an annual internal audit plan;
- Prepare and implement an annual review and internal audit plan aiming at measuring and improving the correctness and integrity of all administrative and financial functionalities;
- Review, develop and update the internal audit policy and procedures;
- Conduct internal control assessments in finance, admin, procurement, program and HR based on the internal audit plan;
- Review and improve the internal control systems and procedures applied and provide recommendations for improvement;
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate accounting, HR, procurement documentations, previous reports, data, and prepare corresponding reports;
- Submit monthly and annual internal audit reports including findings that clearly describe the conditions, criteria, cause and effect and recommendations to correct identified deficiencies;
- Maintain an understanding of the financial, operational, and technology processes, risks and controls related to the operations;
- Conduct preliminary reviews of audit areas to define scope and analyze risk;
- Apply process analysis, business intelligence, and problemsolving techniques when planning an audit, performing walkthroughs, and identifying effective test steps;
- Review and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of RRD’s systems and internal policies and procedures, assessing the extent to which these controls offer adequate protection against error, fraud and loss of all kinds;
- Review the reports prepared by the external inspection and control bodies and analyze any observations provided, and followup implementation by the departments concerned;
- Where weaknesses in controls or application of controls are identified, recommend action to remedy the situation to the BOT and ensure appropriate reporting to central risk owners to ensure support for all RRD levels remediation;
- Conduct any adhoc internal audit and compliance investigation assignments as requested by the BOT;
- Ensure that the accounting system is monitored, followed and completed sufficiently and accurately;
- Determine the extent of accuracy in the financial information;
- Ensure that the Financial policies and procedures are sufficient to complete the work properly;
- Any other tasks as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Understanding of Internal Audit and Compliance management.
- Knowledge of government policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of the organisational structures and systems of Finance and Procurement.
- Demonstrated understanding of grants management, with proven experience in managing large multidonor grants.
- Familiarity in capacity building of staff, especially with regards to program oversight and reporting.
- Familiar with relevant donor rules and regulations in relation to Procurement, Finance, HR and Programs as set out in grant agreements.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and statistical software.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong written and verbal communication in English and Arabic is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in donor reporting, with strong writing, editing, and critical analysis skills
- Solid ability to communicate concisely, respectfully, and with impact.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements and needs.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in accounting, finance, or related fields.
- Minimum 4 years' experience in in the field of internal audit and/or public accounting.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل