Information Technology Systems Officer (Mukalla) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Post Title: Information Technology Systems Officer
Organization: Social Fund for Development – Mukalla Branch Office
Program: Conditional Cash Transfers Program (CCT)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Duration: 1 year with the possibility of extension
Application Closing Date: 17/02/2024
Background Information: CCT Program
The SFD’s Conditional Cash Transfers Program (CCT) in Nutrition is designed to respond to the urgent needs of the poorest families affected by the ongoing conflict and stimulate demand for nutrition, maternity, and child services to improve the nutritional status of malnourished children and women in targeted areas using a complementary and integrated approach which includes promotion, protection, and resilience building. Since October 2016, the CCT program in nutrition interventions has targeted 75 high-priority districts in 18 governorates and was able to support around one million women and children, provided health education sessions, monthly cash transfer, short-term employment in social services in nutrition for young females and facilitated access to the nutrition services and treatment.
Social Fund for Development is looking for talented and passionate candidates with high integrity to strengthen its capacity to respond urgently to the crisis with the right skills. In this regard, SFD is seeking to recruit a qualified individual for the position of Information Technology Systems Officer to be part of its CCT program team. Under the overall guidance of the Health and Social Protection Unit and CCT Program and the direct supervision of the SFD Branch Manager, the Information Technology Systems Officer is responsible for the effective and efficient performance of the following duties:
- Managing the use, maintenance, and technical support of Management Information System (MIS) sub-system and databases used in the CCT program's operation including planning and overseeing data collection, input, and verifications.
- Working closely with the IT officer in the headquarters to ensure that the system is capturing all the data needed for baseline and follow-up reporting.
- Reviewing the data entered and making sure there are no abnormal deviations therein, search for their causes or ask for clarifications from the operations officer.
- Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues.
- Extraction of analytical reports.
- Providing network and communications support and assistance related to equipment (servers, routers, telephony, etc.) and software.
- Assisting system users in troubleshooting and resolution of issues, coordinating all activity with both local and central office.
- Reviewing the validity of the reports extracted from the system and ensuring that it is free of software errors.
- Under the direct supervision of the team lead, branch management, technical supervision of the head office program management team, the applicant should work in harmonization and synergy with other team members.
- Response actively to any work-related needs from the branch project team lead, branch management, and head office program management team.
- Demonstrate strict commitment towards confidentiality, integrity of SFD data, adherence to all SFD’s compliance and regulations in this regard.
Required Education, Skills, and Qualities
- Minimum requirement includes a bachelor’s degree in Information systems, Computer Science or Computer Engineering, management information science or closely related degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of technical experience in management, implementation, and maintenance of computer information systems or related areas.
- A minimum of two years working experience and In-depth knowledge of any of the following modern database systems (MySQL, Postgres, SAP HANA, Hadoop).
- One year experience in an IT service delivery coordinator role or equivalent technical support experience.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong understanding of databases, data analysis procedures, and the complexity of data management as well be tech-savvy and possess excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrate extreme attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with coworkers.
- Highly motivated, willing to learn, good teamwork, service-oriented and able to work under high pressure and within a limited time frame.
- Good English (written and spoken) as a preference.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل