Data Management Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: Data Management Officer
Status: Full time
Location: Sana'a with visits to the field
During: 3 Months temporary contract with the possibility of extension depends on the performance
Abs Development Organization for woman and Child (ADO) is a well-established national, humanitarian, developmental, non-profitable and non-governmental organization, founded in August1996 by a group of Yemeni girls to provide a better standard of living for woman, Child and youth in Yemen. ADO has been operating in Yemen for more than 25 years with an excellent presence in the deprived rural areas located on the coast of Tehama and various areas in Yemen to get rid of poverty and infectious diseases. Since its inception, it has implemented over 120 development and humanitarian interventions in 10 out of the 22 governorates of Yemen benefiting over 6, 400,000 people. As a result, the organization has established itself among the most effective civil society organizations in Yemen that are working on issues related livelihood, health, education, and WASH in support of women, children, and youth. Operating out of its Headquarter office in Sana’a and its offices in Hodaiedah, Hajjah, Abs, Raymah Taiz and Aden, ADO, provides critical educational, health, livelihood and WASH services to urban and rural communities. ADO believes that a woman is the essence of life, therefore it has devoted all its activities and programs to empower and educate a woman, because the educated and empowered woman will lead to an educated family in which empowered family will ensure a developed society leading to a civil state, good governance and conscious civil society out of oppression. ADO believes that youth are a miraculous energy. If they are enabled, they will build a civil state and good governance, as well as ADO believes that protecting and caring for children will result a beautiful future and free from crime and terrorism.
Job objectives/ Scop
The Data Management officer assists in producing and disseminating information on the population of concern, including but not limited to Projects and Programme information.
The position is supervised by the quality and development manager and receives functional requests from the different sections of the organization. Subject to the nature of the task/assignment, they will work independently on routine tasks while following the supervisor's instructions for more complex issues. The position has a supervisory role. The incumbent may play a liaison role with the national and international organizations to gather and exchange data.
Job Scale: E
Job Category/ Area: Class (E)
Salary Scale: E (2)
Reported to: Quality and Development Manager
Supervisor on: N/A
Duties and Responsibilities and wight
Technical role: (60%)
1. Collate, collect data, analyze, identify and address IM gaps, and facilitate information sharing between countries in the region, including through the regional web portal.
2. Organization of the project and administrative files from multiple sources.
3. The requires data entry data tables and report submittals. Provide administrative support and communicate day to day with field staff.
4. Design, Develop and produce static and interactive dashboards, maps, and reports that increase the organization’s profile within the humanitarian community and donors
5. Consults with and advises filed team on the use and interpretation of data; collaborates as appropriate with them in the structuring and developing of data requirements.
6. Performs needs assessment activities and works with other information systems personnel to determine feasibility of development of new databases and enhancements or modifications to existing databases
7. programs, debugs and runs a variety of scheduled and ad hoc listings, summaries, statistics, labels, and other electronic and presentation reports
8. Lead and undertake geospatial analysis, statistical analysis, targeting, surveys, indicator definition, and other data management activities.
9. May conduct individual, group, and organization-based presentations on organization objectives and parameters.
10. May set up and maintain staff security access codes; may manage departmental client-server infrastructure.
11. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Development role : (30%)
12. Develops and designs methods and procedures for collecting, organizing, interpreting, and classifying information for input into the computer and retrieval from the computer, utilizing knowledge of the symbolic language, optical or pattern recognition, database construction, and retrieval methods..
13. Develops specifications for data capture and input; monitors input to ensure consistency, quality, and data integrity.
14. Provides technical assistance and training to department personnel using personal computers, standard software packages, and online information systems
15. Design and develop questionnaires in Kobo and train data collectors on the use of data collection methodologies, tools, and techniques
16. Makes recommendations for online program enhancements; assists in testing and implementing modifications and improvements
Supervisor role : (10%)
17. Supervises or oversees the work of programming and data entry staff and student employees.
Career Path/ Career Cluster
- Quality and Development Management
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Demography, Statistics
- Two years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Skills / Knowledge
- Knowledge of structured programming, testing, and debugging techniques.
- Ability to design and implement systems necessary to collect, maintain, and analyze data.
- Ability to implement and troubleshoot programming changes and modifications.
- Ability to supervise and train assigned staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to verify data input and correct errors.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in the area of expertise.
- Ability to provide a range of systems training and support activities for users.
- Knowledge of database construction, management, and retrieval methods.
- Ability to resolve data input, storage, and retrieval problems and design solutions and modifications.
- Knowledge of computer data processing principles.
- Ability to analyze operational data requirements and create and develop databases specific to requirements.
- Ability to create data capture and input specifications.
- Candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software, with advanced skills in Excel, SQL, and SPSS.
- Must have good IT skills (including data evaluation/analysis using relevant computer applications).
- Data collection skills such as KOBO and ODK are required.
- GIS skills are necessary using ArcGIS.
- Critical thinking skills must be high. Able to analyze process information from multiple formats and integrate it into useable information.
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills, a solid ability to multi-task, a friendly demeanor, and the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- An understanding of an environmental contractor/consulting business model and accounts payables/receivables is a plus
- Positive attitude and desire to be part of a team that strives to work together to support the overall goal of meeting our requirements ·
- Organized person who is a self-starter with plenty of initiative and requires little supervision.
- Willing to take on additional tasks as the needs arise.
- Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل