Youth Empowerment Engineer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
CARE International in Yemen
CARE International is currently seeking Youth Empowerment Engineer. He /She will be responsible make sure of the efficient and effective implementation of the youth empowerment and education projects-related construction/rehabilitation activities through enhancement of communities’ assets.
Youth Empowerment Engineer
Youth Empowerment engineering reports to the Development team leader and he will work closely with Youth empowerment department staff, he will be responsible to ensure the quality of technical works be done according to CARE's and Donors' standards, including that works are properly done in terms of quality (respecting international construction standards material), deadlines accomplishment, site safety, and security and supervising constructors’ performance at any time.
The Project planning and implementation:
- Carry out technical studies- (designing/reviewing/developing construction)- related documents (e.g., designs, BOQ, tender documents, news ad, monitoring forms, and payment disbursement forms/documents)
- Supervise the YE-FO/ Engineers and ensure the effective implementation of the various construction /rehabilitation work projects.
- Work closely with the program team to mobilize the target communities and other relevant sides in order to make them good sensitized with whole program activities including Youth Empowerment and education interventions.
- Determine scope for chosen works, including technical specifications.
- Prepare the appropriate formats concerning construction and/or rehabilitation works related to construction/rehabilitation and upgrading activities including surveys and assessments such as (Daily Attendance Sheet, Receipt of Tools, Weekly/Monthly summary work…etc.).
- Plan project construction activities in coordination with the Development team leader and relevant officers.
- Participate in the tender analysis process and contracting, as per the development team leader’s request, and ensure tenders are carried out according to CARE SOPs.
- Develop new field/construction management/monitoring plans, in line with other activities, to ensure coordination and efficient use of resources.
- Regular field visit to ensure the quality of works and provide building capacity to the team by providing the required supports and advices as well as pieces of training.
- Assess on-site progress and develop site selection criteria, as per the technical assessment.
- Monitor resources and coordinate vehicle usage in the field with youth empowerment staff
- Solve any problems that may happen in the field by coordinating with the relevant sides (community committees, Community Leaders, and Local authorities) and report it to the direct supervisor.
- Monitor/track the budget lines related to (construction/rehabilitation) activities.
- Prepare the TOR for the site technical supervisor and participation in the selection process.
- Carry out site handover work whether to the contractor/participants for rehabilitation/upgrading/construction of the community assets related to youth empowerment or the handing over process to the relevant stakeholders after completion of rehabilitation and/or construction process.
- Organize and coordinate meetings with relevant staff/ departments on construction-related issues when required.
- Support the development team leader in the communication with relevant local authorities on the district (s) level to facilitate implementation of youth empowerment and Education Project-related construction/rehabilitation and upgrading activities including surveys and assessment.
Training and Record-Keeping
- Participate and lead in developing training material for youth empowerment and education construction, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Participate in the development of CARE Yemen Youth empowerment and education Strategy and guild lines
- Train beneficiaries/site supervisors on the project-related construction/upgrading (duties and rights) and the implementation mechanism cycle.
- Conduct sessions with other project staff to discuss and understand all aspects of Education and Youth empowerment construction needs, community participation, and to ensure quality construction work.
- Capture field lessons learned and share them with relevant staff and departments to reinforce and improve project-related construction/upgrading activities.
- Write/compile monthly construction English progress reports, and translate as required.
- Write/compile MOPIC annual report in terms of engineering activities and patriciate in the writing/develop donors reports as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or any relevant fields preferably in infrastructure (buildings/roads.etc)
- Good communication skills with stakeholders and relevant government authorities
- Knowledge of designing building and infrastructure with very good knowledge of using AUTODESK programs and Microsoft office (Excel and Access
- Very Good level of English language both spoken and writing.
- Experience in conducting trainings.
- 3-5 years of experience in field-related activities.
- Experience in working with education including WASH and development humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Respectful and able to work with communities.
- Ability to plan and deliver results in the field.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the community, supervisors, and colleagues.
- Trustworthy and able to manage resources effectively.
- Experience in working in the field and in insecure environments.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Sensitive to gender issues and Gender Equity and Diversity (GED) principles
- High level of team spirit
- Dealing with advanced designing pregame is added value
Comply with all relevant CARE policies and procedures with respect to child protection, workplace environment, employee code of conduct and all other related subjects.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل