Logistics Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is looking for an Logistics Assistant (national position):
Position: Logistics Assistant (national position) _ Dependent on Funding
Location: Marib, Yemen, with possible travels inside Yemen
Contract details: Permanent / Full-time - depending on funding
Duration: A full time position, 4 months contract with a probationary period of 1 month, with a possibility of extension
Starting date: ASAP
PAH is an INGO with a mission to make the world a better place by promoting humanitarian values and alleviating human suffering caused by armed conflicts and natural disasters. Since 1992, PAH operated in almost 50 countries, reaching approximately 11 million people in need. For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
About PAH Yemen Mission
PAH Yemen Mission has been officially established in July 2019 and currently provides humanitarian assistance in WASH and Health sectors. The key objective of our programme is to improve access to lifesaving health and WASH services at primary health level for 73,597 most vulnerable communities affected by conflict in Ad Dhale and Aden governorates. In addition, PAH office in Marib started operations focusing on education in emergencies, child protection and WASH.
Position reports to: Marib Field Coordinator/or assigned Supervisor
- Support Field Coordinator in developing PAH’s multi-sector operations in the Marib governorate.
- Support setting up safety and security management procedures for the Marib office and operations.
- Provide a continuous updating of security measures and procedures in place according to the situation;
- Work with the Marib Field Coordinator as well as the Security Officer in Aden, developing and updating / maintaining location-specific SOPs and evacuation / hibernation plans;
- Along with the Marib Field Coordinator, implement and monitor that security measures and procedures in place are followed by all staff
- Establish and maintain security communication trees.
Logistics, Procurement and Coordination
- Support to all logistics operation related to programme activities including but not limited to: procurement, transport, distribution, warehousing, management of vehicles and assets,
- Coordinating closely with security and access personnel in planning and managing of daily ground movement,
- Ensuring strict compliance of procurement and tender activities with PAH and its donors policies, regulations and procedures,
- Developing best practices to improve the quality and transparency of procurement processes in the Marib office,
- Organizing procurement and tender processes including preparation of procurement documentation,
- Negotiating conditions of contracts,
- Establishment of necessary framework agreement with suppliers for regular emergency procurements.
- Supporting the Programme to develop procurement plans for their projects and making sure that they are regularly updated
- Making sure to update the procurement tracker on daily basis
- Maintaining the supplier data base and making sure it is updated
- Submit the logistics monthly and quarterly report to the country office on time
- Ensuring timely delivery of procured supplies and materials, including tracking procurement status, payments and warehouse work, when applicable,
- Controlling the office assets including their physical verification and proper transfers to the assigned personnel,
- Managing all vehicles at the PAH office in Marib including day-to-day movement planning and allocation,
- Verifying in coordination with security personnel whether the vehicles meet the safety standards and are adequately equipped,
- Following laws and regulations with regard to road movement and vehicle maintenance,
- Verifying the actual movement against the submitted logbooks,
- Ensuring that the logistics documentation is complete and in line with PAH internal regulations, with particular attention to procurement and tender documentation as well as assets management documentation,
- Maintaining storage of logistics documentation in both hard copies and electronic versions.
- Translation and interpretation from English to Arabic and vice versa.
- Other tasks, as assigned by supervisor.
- Degree in a field related to logistics, supply chain management or procurement.
- Other trainings and certificates related to logistics and security management will be an asset.
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience in similar positions.
- Excellent command of English and Arabic.
Knowledge and skills:
- Good knowledge, understanding and ability to analyse of the local context in Marib.
- Conflict, gender and cultural sensitivity.
- Negotiation and mediation skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with multiple software packages such as: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
- Knowledge of General Administration procedures.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل