Legal counsellor (Assistant) Female This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Legal counsellor (Assistant) Female
- Job Title: Legal Counsellor (Assistant)
- Deadline: 15/02/2024.
- Duty Station: Sana’a.
- Probationary Period: Three months.
- Reporting to: Protection officer.
YGUSSWP is an independent, nonprofit organization that was established in 2011 and started operating at the time of the beginning of the humanitarian crisis in Yemen, YGUSSWP has been working tirelessly and a high-quality performance at implementing the humanitarian sectors such as Shelter NFIs/ESKs, WASH, Protection, livelihoods, Health, FSAC, CCCM , Education, and Nutrition, YGUSSWP upholds its main programmatic objectives to providing immediate and life-sustaining assistance, strengthening the protective environment, and reducing displacement-related risks and vulnerabilities by promoting self-reliance at both the household and community levels.
For more information about YGUSSWP, please visit our website at: http://YGUSSWP.org
The legal counsellor position is critical to YGUSSWP humanitarian response to internal displacement in Yemen. YGUSSWP expecting that the post holder will be qualified and possess protection skills, knowledge and attitude to be immediately effective in the field. These include the active involvement and the full participation by all community members, paying special attention to women.
- Provide legal support to the target population through legal counselling and providing legal information sessions.
- Assure the protection monitoring of human rights violations and IDPs rights.
- In coordination with the supervisor, support and lead the implementation of project’s activities, including protection monitoring, provision of cash transfer, NFIs distribution, provision of legal and psychosocial assistance as per the project work plan;
- Working closely with the IDPs community, to identify particularly vulnerable individuals and together with the supervisor develop strategies and means to assist them.
- Ensure that there is a wide dissemination of the risks faced by IDPs in Sana’a and together with members of the community, define possible solutions to these problems.
- Conduct field visits to assess the protection needs and concerns of the target population, with particular attention to especially vulnerable persons;
- Regularly send reports on protection trends and incidents faced by IDPs and local communities;
- Maintain an excel database to ensure that statistics and other reports are produced on a timely basis;
- Compile weekly, monthly narratives and data reports on the risks faced by IDPs.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the supervisor(s).
- AOB as requested by the supervisor.
- University Degree in Law, Human Rights, International Law or related field.
- Two-year working experience in this field.
- Experience in supervising staff in challenging situations, carrying out interviews and focus group discussions, analyzing information provided and drafting reports.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team; supporting a team in coordinating complex projects.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with diverse members and groups including IDPs, members of the host communities, local council members etc.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Ability to collect and monitor data and generate relevant and accurate reports for a range of audiences
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint), web-based communication systems.
- Good written and spoken English is an asset.
- Preferred to be a female employee.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل