Job Title: Grants Officer
Band / Level / Grade: 8B
Location: Aden, Yemen
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and in 22 US cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen Country program has been established in 2012, and currently is implementing integrated Health, Nutrition, Environmental Health (WASH), Economic Recovery and Development, Women Protection and Empowerment and Education programming in eight governorates. The IRC Yemen Country Program operates with its Country Office in Sana’a and its main Field Office in Aden. Other subfield offices include Abyan, Hodeida and Al Dhale, with the Al Dhale office covering Lahaj, and the Abyan office covering activities in Shabwa.
Based in Aden, Yemen the Grants Officer supports the daily administration of the Grants Department, including maintaining grant files, scheduling and coordinating regular grant meetings, assisting with planning highly organized field visits by donors and IRC delegations, and provide reporting support to the Grants Unit, which is responsible for IRC’s Yemen portfolio. Under the direct supervision of the Grants Manager, the G.O. will work closely with program, finance, and operations staff to ensure that reports are developed and submitted in compliance with donor priorities and requirements and submitted on a timely basis.
- Maintain up-to-date grants trackers and calendars, including internal and donor reporting timeline, grant opening, review, and close-out meetings, and share with relevant staff in timely basis;
- Maintain grants filing system for all IRC grants, including agreements, proposals, revisions, reports, etc.
- Record and distribute detailed notes at grants opening, review and closing meetings.
- Support the Grants Manager in supervising program progress on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Assist the Grants team in compiling grants information for IRC’s regional and NY offices
- Contribute to high quality donor reports by supporting the collection of technical inputs and the development of report annexes. Collate information for Sitreps and weekly reports
- Support documents signing by SMT, trouble-shoot department queries, book meeting rooms for grants meetings, support other tasks as required
- Coordinate and collect the required information during follow-ups of the project progress and the project output in the community.
- Collaborate on IRC brand definition and growing brand awareness - including the championing of the IRC brand, delivery of an IRC brand marketing strategy, and developing groundbreaking tools for staff
- Act as a focal person for guiding staff on donor regulations on developing visibility materials including reports, factsheets, banners, and posters.
- Ensure logos and products are labelled accurately and in compliance with the donor compliance requirements.
- Produce accurate, clear, and consistent information and communication outputs relating to the country program – including case studies, success stories, factsheets, and donor’s communications requirements.
- Regularly attend calls with IRC Communications team.
- Coordinate with relevant teams to facilitate donor visits.Key Working Relationships:
Position reports to: Grants & Compliance Manager
Key Internal Contacts:
- Country Program: Grants Managers, MEAL staff, Program staff, Finance staff
- Region/Global: Program teams in Regional office in Nairobi, and in HQ in New York and London
Education: Minimum B.A. required
Work Experience: At least 1 -2 years of grants experience in a similar post (preferably NGO or INGO)
Demonstrated Technical Skills:
- Familiarity with program design, including logical frameworks, budgeting and grants/report writing preferred
- Highly organized with high attention to details
- Highly motivated, fast learner with good interpersonal and management skills
- Ability to successfully meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion
- Ability to work within a diverse and multicultural team
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and make decisions independently
- Flexible, able to cope with stressful situations
Languages: Professional proficiency in spoken and written English
Computer/Other Tech Requirements: High-Level skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and familiarity with internet research and common software applications.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
How to Apply
1- Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at the following link: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/17163?c=rescue
2- CV, Copies of the academic and work certificates should be submitted in the system.
3- Deadline for Applying: June 21, 2021. System will stop receiving CVs at 12:00 A.M, June 21, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل