Nutrition Coordinator (Re-Advertised) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position: Nutrition Coordinator
Location: Aden, Yemen
Reports to: UN Programs Manager
Reference: 21- 113
Duration: Till December 31, 2021, renewable based on fund availability & performance
ABOUT ADRA: The Adventist Development and Relief Agency is an independent, humanitarian agency established for the specific purpose of providing individual and community development and disaster relief. ADRA Yemen pursue a mission of changing the world by uplifting one life at a time. ADRA International serves 142 countries and was present in Yemen since 1995. It has more than 1200 aid workers serving in Yemen making it one of the biggest ADRA operations in the world. Its programs are supported by USAID, OFDA, The Japan Platform, DANIDA, German Foreign Office, German Humanitarian Aid, Sida, UNOCHA, UNHCR, WHO, WFP and DFID. It has presence in 14 Governorates in Yemen responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors. ADRA Yemen is undertaking programs in Yemen in the fields of health, child protection, education, women's protection and empowerment, NFI and food distribution, cash assistance, and livelihoods programming. Our work in these challenging settings gives rise to some of the most pressing issues facing contemporary humanitarian action, including questions of access, security, funding and coordination.
Main Job Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Programs Manager, the Nutrition Coordinator will take the lead in the execution of health and nutrition activities of the program. The role will facilitate the implementation of the health and nutrition software activities in the operational areas of the program. This key field position requires a committed and energetic professional with the ability to build effective relations and coordination with other health and nutrition stakeholders and building the capacity of team members to effectively mobilize target communities to actively participate in the project activities. This position is based in Aden, but will have roving responsibilities that will require occasional travel in program areas within the hub.
Essential Job Responsibilities
The Nutrition Coordinator will be responsible for, but not limited to:
Planning and Implementation:
- Facilitate planning meetings and support field teams to develop work plans, budget forecasts, and monitoring tools to document inputs, activities, outputs, achievements, and lessons learned in line with ADRA's Program Management Standards.
- Oversee the ongoing management and administration of the implementation of health and nutrition activities.
- Coordinate and implement nutrition activities within the targeted areas in line with agreed work plans, strategies and methodologies.
- Ensure that program implementation is responsive to communities and health partners; consistent with ADRA’s relevant program guidelines, principles, values, quality standards and strategic objectives; and complies with donor regulations and policies.
- Regularly supervise nutrition activities implemented in the targeted locations.
- Prepare training plans of Community Health Volunteers (CHVs) on health and nutrition promotion elements, strategies and methodologies.
- Conduct field visits to monitor implementation of activities, solving of problems at Health Facilities, Mobile clinics and inside communities related to project's interventions.
- Supervise delivery of capacity building support to Health Facilities, Mobile clinics and community structures (and others as requested).
- Manage the sector budget to ensure that spending is donor-compliant and program-effective.
- Submit Quarterly Cash Projection inputs to the Program Manager.
Coordination and Reporting:
- Coordinate to ensure active participation of the team in sector and working group platforms and ensure accurate and timely sharing of information the interagency processes.
- Prepare and submit CPDRs and other reporting requirements set by the Donor on a timely manner.
- Lead in negotiations with the relevant Ministry of Health, Health Facility and NGO service providers to collaborate in the implementation of health and nutrition activities including contributions of a functional referral system.
- Serve as focal person in the field for ADRA’s nutrition stakeholders, maintain respectful and constructive relations, and ensure regular meetings and ongoing coordination with local authorities/partners and community leaders.
- Act as focal point for inquiries on the sector's response plans and operations for the 3rd Party Monitoring.
- Provide regular progress against plans reports on health and nutrition activities including inputs in donor reports and sector indicators as required by the MEL team.
- Document lessons learned and success stories on the project.
Team management and leadership
- Supervise and provide technical support to strengthen effectiveness of sector Assistants, CHVs, in community engagement, particularly identifying beneficiaries, assessing and addressing their needs through training. This includes access to information, tools and resources.
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback informally and formally via regular one on ones.
- Conduct any other tasks which may be requested to be undertaken within the scope of this post.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in nutrition/ or health.
- Knowledge of working with clusters, WFP and aspects of mainstreaming and accountability
- Minimum 4 year- experience in project coordination.
- Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity.
- Has the capacity to make accurate self-assessment particularly in high stress and high security contexts.
- Ability to plan and organize work within a fluid working environment and has the capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Arabic and English.
- Ability and willingness to travel to field sites and work in remote locations, often for prolonged periods of time.
- Preferred to be from the same governorate
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles; our key values:
- Integrity and transparency
- Communicating openly, clearly, timely and appropriately.
- Excellence in all activities
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل