FSL Engineer Officer
FSL Engineer Officer - (210008BM)
Save the Children in Yemen is looking for eligible candidates for the positions of:
FSL Engineer Officer – Based in Taiz
The Food Security & Livelihoods (FSL) Engineer Officer will manage, supervise and implement activities in an effort to address food insecurity and poor nutrition levels at community level. With a focus towards disaster risk reduction and natural resource management, S/he will oversee the implementation of small-scale infrastructure projects in the targeted communities. Community members through a participatory will select projects prioritization process and constructed by unskilled community members through Cash for Work modality or the like. S/he will ensure timely implementation, monitor work progress, and complete the handover process. The Engineer will represent SCI during community meetings and ensure high quality projects are delivered. S/he will identify gaps for training, skills transfer to enhance the future employability of FFA participants, and ensure good success stories, and case studies are developed regularly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: FSL Coordinator/ Program Manager
Reporting to: FSL Engineer assistants
Budget responsibility: None
- Design of selected community assets programs and produce the work designs and scope of work.
- Assessing FFA sites, preparing BoQs and designs, and following procurement and FFA tools distribution.
- Be in regular contact with communities, to link them to SCI and ensure transparency and information sharing.
- Technical training of community monitors, members of FFA committees, governmental staff on how to use and maintain the project facilities.
- Take into account the structures of local government and communities and ensure all project activities have considered the needs of children, women, vulnerable groups, and the environment.
- Undertake monitoring and evaluation of the impact of project activities (pre, post and ongoing activities).
- Supervising the technical works and advising the community about it, reporting on achievement, discussing challenges and helping the society to solve them.
- Monitor community assets and produce progress reports.
- Write and submit weekly activities reports and filed visit reports at critical points of the construction/rehabilitation works.
- Reporting monthly, quarterly of the project implementation progress.
- Ensure that resources assigned to him\her properly and efficiently utilized.
- Seek and obtain appropriate government sign-off on works at the critical stages; especially at the start and completion.
- Planning and managing safety procedures and measures in the worksites.
- Lead in conflict resolution of disputes between communities and members related to SCI project activities.
- Work closely with community to develop appropriate interventions and develop project proposals with regards to needs and community priorities.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the line manager.
FSL Engineer Officer is expected to:
- Inform the Program coordinator/Manager of any professional problems encountered in the field.
- Conduct all duties in a professional manner following SCI regulations.
- Be flexible and adaptable with regards to the implementation of the daily work.
- Follow the existing SCI Terms and Conditions of Service and construction manual.
- Explain the project’s activities and objectives to partners and the population.
- Act as a link between the organization and the beneficiaries.
- Report any problems and constraints.
- Follow up progress of project activities and handover of completed activities to communities.
- Conduct all duties in a professional manner following SCI staff regulations.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
SKILL AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same.
Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.
Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters.
Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
Approachable, good listener, easy to talk.
Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
Willing to take disciplined risks.
Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- University Degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture or relevant disciplines, or equivalent field experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in planning and implementation of small-scale construction works rehabilitation or related works, including one year of experience in food security and livelihood interventions with international NOGs.
- Effective use of computers – Word and Excel and design & drawing software
- (AutoCAD 2D).
- Ability to organize time, manage multiple tasks, and analyze information from many sources.
- Good knowledge of safety standards and legislation related to construction and rehabilitation in Yemen.
- A good team worker willing to learn from others, listen and provide sound technical advice on construction that will benefit children.
- Strong organizational and planning skills with good communication skills.
- Very good in English (speaking, writing, reading, and typing) is essential.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen.
All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guarding Policy and Reference Checking Process.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Dec 5, 2021
How to Apply
To apply please follow the link below:
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل