Senior Compliance Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: Senior Compliance Officer
Reports to: Compliance Coordinator
Location: Aden, Yemen
Global Communities is an international non-profit organization that works closely with communities worldwide to bring about sustainable changes that improve the lives and livelihoods of the vulnerable people. The mission of Global Communities is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Yemen Communities Stronger Together (YCST) is a multi-year program funded by USAID and implemented by Global Communities in five governorates in Yemen, including Aden, Abyan, Lahj, and Taiz. The purpose of YCST is to support local-level initiatives that mitigate conflict, strengthen social cohesion, promote the peaceful resolution of differences, and, where feasible, capitalize on stabilization opportunities in Yemen.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Senior Compliance Officer (SCO): The SCO will provide support to YCST Program on matters of compliance to ensure GC, Donor and Local Government requirements in relation, but not limited to, Finance, Procurement, Supply Chain, Human Resources and Program Implementation. In particular, he/she will:
- Stay informed of and ensure adherence to GC and donor procedures and policies in relation to Supply Chain, Finance, HR and Programs as set out in relevant manuals and regulations.
- Participate in developing and updating the Compliance Department plan, in coordination with supervisor.
- Review the adequacy and effectiveness of GC’s and partners’ systems and internal policies, rules and guidelines, ensuring that these controls offer adequate protection against error, fraud and loss of all kinds. Contribute to the risk identification and assessment processes in the organization.
- Proactively suggest practical corrective actions for resolution of recurring issues and ways to prevent similar situations in the future, including development of relevant checklists and other tools, targeted both within and outside of Compliance department.
- In coordination with supervisor, perform Compliance reviews, according to the approved plan, as well as based on special requests, including but not limited to reviews of procurements, GC’s and partners’ financial records, accounting systems pertaining to fixed and movable assets, conduct investigations, process walkthroughs, tests and other types of engagements. Use relevant and updated compliance tools as applicable for each type of compliance activity, also making sure to:
- Follow up and promptly address review notes provided by supervisor to ensure high quality of internal compliance work papers, resulting in producing relevant and accurate reports for management.
- Summarize results of the review in clear and concise reports, with a strong focus on the risks, providing recommendations to address root causes of issues based on corresponding policies, guidelines or best practices.
- Ensure to get sufficient and competent evidence and solid supporting electronic documentation for all compliance reviews and initiatives performed by the department, in line with the existing methodology and tools.
- Ensure ongoing and timely tracking of compliance initiatives, completed plans and ongoing issues, in line with established departmental procedures.
- Responsible for proper electronic filing of all compliance-related files, adhering to standards and requirements from Regional Compliance.
- Support supervisor in producing timely and accurate regular and ad-hoc reports for management and departmental needs.
- Provide analysis and clear written feedback and comments for new policies and/or standard operating procedures being developed by other departments.
- Assist supervisor in drafting and updating department-related documentation, including but not limited to: relevant tools, policy and procedures, materials for trainings, assessments, etc.
- Be responsible for timely processing all vetting requests submitted by YCST’s departments, including submission to GC Headquarters, ensuring adherence with USAID’s Yemen Vetting Policy, as well as internal procedures.
- Maintain the Vetting Tracker, inputting key data from submitted vetting requests (PIF) and updating the status of each request as soon as changes occur.
- Ensure proper flow of information about status, updates and/or missing data with requesting departments, to ensure accuracy of information, as applicable.
- Identify and obtain necessary clarifications from HQ/VSU and follow up on related communication.
- Support supervisor in delivering trainings, capacity building and support to GC staff and/or partners in support of Standards of Conduct, fraud prevention and other areas, to enhance their knowledge and understanding of GC and donor policies and procedures.
- Ensure high level of confidentiality and security of entrusted data at all times.
- Perform any other job-related tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
- Knowledge and understanding of USAID Rules and Regulations, as well as local laws.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex problems.
- Ability to prepare clear and concise reports.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), with ability to prepare reports and deliver presentations and trainings.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to determine priorities.
- Demonstrates integrity and fairness, as well as ability to remain objective and neutral towards all parties involved.
- Capable of working under pressure and is results-oriented with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Excel. Good command of other Microsoft Office applications.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Financial Management, Business Administration, Economics or any other field related to Compliance.
- Certificate of Internal Audit, CPA or any other related certifications would be an asset.
- Minimum 2-3 years of progressive experience in the field of compliance, audit, financial management, grant management or internal control evaluation in international non-profit organizations is required.
Fluency in written and verbal English and Arabic is required. Must be able to read and interpret documents, and communicate with others as necessary to perform job duties effectively.
Normal office environment, however, due to nature of activities and areas where we operate, you might have to work below normal/difficult working/travel/accommodation conditions. Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
From December 2021 until April 2022, with possibility of extension.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل