ZOA, as an international NGO, supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. We are active in multiple countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East Region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues. ZOA has been operational in Yemen since 2012, mainly focusing on WASH and Food security & Livelihoods interventions in Sana’a, Hajjah, Al Mahwit, Aden and Shabwa Governorates. ZOA Yemen is currently seeking for national qualified candidates for:
Finance Officer – 1 position
The most important objective of the financial officer is to keep accurate financial records. The financial officer is responsible the processing of expenditures, payments and the undertaking of a range of financial reporting and administrative tasks. The officer operates in a team environment and will be expected to work in a collaborative way with colleagues. Duty station is Hajjah.
I. Tasks and responsibilities
- Administer day-to-day finances, scrutinizes documentation for authenticity, accuracy, proper authorization and eligibility.
- Accurately record all transactions, prepare and post entries and reconcile with the ZOA Information System (ZIS).
- Maintain and update filing system for all payment vouchers and supporting documents.
- Responsible for petty cash payment & management and ensuring that all financial regulations and policies are abided to.
- Responsible for Bank transactions & management and ensuring that all financial regulations and policies are abided to
- Responsible for an adequate follow up on work advances and being in line with ZOA’s accounting principles
- Responsible for an adequate follow up on work accruals and being in line with ZOA’s accounting principles
- Review and check Payments' supporting documentation for integrity, accuracy and completeness before transaction is approved for payment
- Support Finance Coordinator in monthly, quarterly & Yearly financial closure.
- Support Finance Coordinator in Audit preparation.
- Carries out other finance, administrative and support duties as assigned by Area Coordinator, Finance Coordinator and Head of Finance.
- Adherence to ZOA values
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- At least 3 years work experience with International NGO
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of
- Accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Computer skills and relevant office software packages (MS Office programs, email, accounting)
- Basic knowledge of project cycle management
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Willingness to be flexible with tasks and working hours
- Judgment and problem solving
- Planning and organizational skills related to work and time management
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Willingness to learn and be trained and be challenged to grow
- Willingness to teach and train others
- Willingness to travel to ZOA FO locations other than duty station whenever required to support Finance team there .
Start date: as soon as possible, contract until 31st of December 2021 with possibility for extension
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and CV, together with 3 recent references in English with reference to the applied position to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
It is highly important that you mention the job title in the Subject field of your email in order to be considered for this vacancy.
Kindly put the following in the subject field: Finance Officer - Hajjah
يرجى ذكر إسم الوظيفة مع المحافظة في حقل موضوع البريد الإلكتروني عند التقديم وتسمية السيرة الذاتية باسم المتقدم
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and only completed applications will be accepted
Deadline for application: 21st of September 2021
NOTE: ZOA doesn't charge any fees for recruitment or technical testing and does not invite (potential) candidates through text or what’s app messaging. In case of such occurrence or request, please contact ZOA at 01/ 412485
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل