Area Liaison Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Area Liaison Officer - Marib
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer-term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 39 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 20 million beneficiaries with 6,300 international and national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Ibb, Hudaydah, Raymah, AlDhalee, Saadah, AlJawf, Aden, Dhamar, and Marib.
Through its comprehensive programming, ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation, and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused on the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g., distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g., income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g., rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include the distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
- Position: Area Liaison Officer
- Department: Administration
- Location: Marib
- Contract Type: Fixed Term
- Contract Duration: 4 months
- Continuously analyses the security situation in Yemen to support operational and strategic decision-making on security management;
- On a weekly basis analyze various information sources and assess the security situation in the various program areas and inform the Area Coordinator, Base Manager, and Security Manager on changes in security levels at the program area level, advising on actions to be taken;
- Provide regular, concise, and clear verbal and written security updates;
- Ensure all international staff receive a security briefing upon arrival in Yemen and have access to sufficient and regular information concerning the level of risk to which they are exposed;
- Ensure that security information is recorded and analyzed regularly (weekly updates, monthly reports, and flash updates when required);
- Follow up on incident reporting and ensure all incidences are recorded and filed. Inform Area Coordinator and Security Manager, providing advice on the way forward;
- Coordinate and participate in security-related meetings and liaison with Security Groups;
- Regularly review safety and security procedures adapting to the changing security context.
- Provide day-to-day liaison with Government counterparts of the project at the national and support to the local level and program team;
- Collect information, data and documents relevant to specific activities and liaise with reporting and project development departments in completing all required paperwork under the government’s regulation;
- Organizing meetings and consultation workshops under the project with the government’s counterpart should requested;
- Ensure compilation of the project agreement(s), sub-agreements, and relevant work; permits and travel permits submitted and obtained from the government authorities;
- Follow up to ensure complete administration for visa-related requirements of international staff in Yemen’s mission (If requested);
- Maintain a detailed and up-to-date Data Base and other records/information as a reference point for administrative and liaison purposes;
- Assist in the processing of administrative issues and ensure a good filing system for all files and documents both hard and soft copies;
- Liaise with government authorities, community groups, and NGOs to better plan and coordinate PRG activities in bases;
- Attend regular meetings with the Executive unit, National Authority for Management and Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs & Disaster Response, MOPIC, MOI, Governors, and other authorities as requested by area coordination;
- Responsible for obtaining movement and program implementation clearances from local authorities at the governorate;
- Initiate information-gathering meetings with other actors as requested by the Base Manager, Liaison Manager, and Country Coordination;
- Attend internal meetings and share minutes and output of meetings & and requirements on time;
- Maintain strong communication with departments in terms of implementation of systems, procedures, and programs;
- Liaise and communicate with other Acted bases as needed.
B. Staff/Program and Premises Safety/Security:
- Secure Acted premises and personnel and ensure monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting office compound, equipment, access points, and entry gates;
- Ensure Acted compound is safe and secure, fences and gates are strong enough and maintained to prevent unauthorized entries.;
- Ensure Security guards are well aware of their responsibilities and present 24/7 on duty;
- Take appropriate security/safety measurements to limit and mitigate the security/safety risk and damages of Acted premises;
- Monitor on a regular basis and ensure Acted offices and GHs are well equipped with fire extinguishers, first aid kits, emergency contact list, and other premise security equipment as per context;
- Ensure there is a safe area for fleet parking, drivers are alerted for any evacuation in immediate notice;
- Conduct a Security assessment of Acted new premises before Acted goes with lease contract signatures;
- Identify an exit route, and arrange transportation and safety measures to evacuate expatriate staff;
C. Transport/movement Safety and Security:
- Ensure all vehicles are equipped with updated fire extinguishers, first aid kits and Acted emergency numbers, if not, inform the fleet assistant and HR Dept. to update;
- Ensure all car seat belts are working and staff members are following the safety instructions;
- Monitor with the fleet assistant team the car's movement and speed limit of the vehicles;
- Ensure all Acted Drivers are aware of the safety regulations and Acted security policy;
- Monitor staff movement in the field in coordination with the Base Manager and Area coordinator.
- Communication is the main pillar of security; ensure to maintain a solid and continuous communication with staff, security organization and other stakeholders at Area level;
- Ensure to remain reachable 24h/7 and always ready to take full charge of any security-related emergency;
- Ensure staff are always updated on security situation in the area – by e-mail, SMS or other existed communication system. Value any information, even based on rumors and pass to direct supervisor;
- Follow up of SIR (Security Incident Report) with area coordinator;
- Provide new staff with regular security briefings and updates, ensuring that all staff follows security procedures;
- Ensure that Acted’s security plans are relevant and constantly updated as appropriate and that all staff know their roles and responsibilities;
- Write regular security management reports with situational analysis and recommendations.
E. Capacity building:
- Identify with support of HR department Security and Safety training for staff (both National and International);
- Ensure all staff are aware of Acted Country Security Plan, Country Security context and Acted security Operation procedures (SOPs).
Job Requirement (Qualification and Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, international relations, humanitarian/development work, security risk management or related field;
- At least two (2) years of experience working with INGOs in a liaison and/or security function;
- Familiar with Marib’s context and related challenges;
- Fluency in English and Arabic language (oral, written, and reporting);
- Strong interpersonal, and communication (oral and written) skills and proven experience in leading field teams;
- Strong problem-solving skills attention to detail, and a record of accomplishment of achieving results under stress and in difficult environments;
- Cross-cultural awareness;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Respect the confidentiality of all information and data received;
- Restrict information sharing only to relevant internal staff and none to external sources;
- Creative and able to work with limited resources;
- Proficient in computer applications (MS Office, including Outlook for email).
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل