INTERPRETER – COVID CTC (Al Sadaqa Hospital)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is advertising for the following position: Interpreter
Requirements for the position
- Essential secondary education.
- Desirable official translator degree (Arabic/English)
- Previous work experience is required. Desirable with MSF or other NGOs
Languages: Local Language and English essential
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management
Place of work: MSF Covid/Vaccination Office, Aden
Duration: Daily worker pool, with possibly to be under contract depend on the need
Others: Salary: Based on the organization scale
Perform oral and written translation, from English to local language(s) or vice versa, in order to ensure simultaneous, accurate, friendly, respectful, objective and fluent communication between MSF staff and local population.in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population. Translation of medical documents and informative leaflets. You will be working in the Covid Treatment Centre and must respect infection prevention controls.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Translate documents from / to English into a local one upon request.
- Translate discussions / meetings as requested
- Always keep respect towards patients, collaborators, authorities, military factions and MSF staff participating in discussions.
- Ensure confidentiality of all translation is maintained as directed by the Mission/Project coordination team.
- Ensure neutrality and accuracy when translating.
- Declare any “conflict of interest” when asked to translate (e.g. personal involvement) which would necessitate using other staff members for translation.
- Inform international staff about local customs, tradition, etc., that will help understand better the context and better communicate.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a detailed CV and cover letter in English, copied of ID card, and work certificates to the following email address:
firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “INTERPRETER – COVID/Vaccination” before the end of 18th January 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and technical test
Only applications sent through email will be considered, Hard copies delivered to the office will not be accepted
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل