Female Medical Doctor (Maternity) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
FEMALE MEDICAL DOCTOR (MATERNITY) –
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF Spain is advertising for the following position: 01 FEMALE MEDICAL DOCTOR (MATERNITY)
Requirements for the position
- Essential: Medical Doctor Bachelor dgree
- Desirable: Diploma in Tropical Medicine
- Essential at least 02 years experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training).
- Desirable previous experience in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health , obs and gynae, paediatrics, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery.
- Experience in Obs and Gynae is an added advantage.
Languages: Essential Arabic and English
Other: Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Place of work: Al-Qanawis Mothers and Child Hospital District, Hodaidah Governorate, Republic of Yemen
- Level: 9
- Duration: Until the end of 2023, with possibility of extension
- Others: Salary: Based on the organization scale
Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiary’s health conditions
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits, consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Provide quality of health care in Alqanawis Hospital according to MSF protocols and Guidelines, based in Maternity department and support in other services if is needed.
- Perform daily medical rounds together with gynaecologist /Hospital Clinical Lead, Midwife Activity Manager, midwife coach and midwives, in red room, post caesarean section room, predelivery, delivery or postdelivery room (according to the organization put in place in the moment and the need), providing diagnosis, follow up, treatment and discharge according to evolution, based on MSF protocols and guidelines (management of preeclampsia, eclampsia, post-partum haemorrhages, among others)
- Management of Ultrasound (US) for diagnosis and treatment. As well as train the midwife on basic US management on job training.
- Documentation of files: ensure that the medical files in Maternity are properly fill, understandable for other colleagues and sharing specific plan for the patients.
- Training and case discussion: active involvement in different trainings according with the needs detected (participating or providing them), previous discussion with Midwife Activity Manager , gynaecologist expat, Hospital Clinical Lead or Project Medical Referent.
- Rational use of drugs: Antibiotics, anticonvulsants, corticosteroids, oxygen, among others, indication (doses and time) according to MSF protocols. Involve in Antibiotic surveillance in Maternity and other departments if is needed.
- Referral System: Responsible of share the case with Referral Focal Point and Hospital Clinical Lead , prepare the summary of the case and send it by phone message.
- Teamwork and flexibility: Support the rest of Maternity (midwives, midwife supervisor, midwife coach, Midwife Activity Manager , and gynaecologist expat) whenever is needed. Work according to roster duties including night shifts. Based on need staff may be requested to support and work in other departments in the Alqanawis hospital.
- Mental Health referral system: Knowledge of Mental Health services in the Hospital, detection of Mental Health need and communication with Mental Health department.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from MSF
PaediatricianDeadline:31 Jul | Hajjah (Abs)
Obstetrician GynaecologistDeadline:31 Dec | Hajjah (Abs)
Doctor AnaesthetistDeadline:31 Dec | Hajjah (Abs)
Obstetrician GynaecologistDeadline:31 Dec | Hodiedah
Learning and Development SpecialistDeadline:02 Apr | Aden