Position: MEAL Assistant
Reports to: Country Representative/ M&E global Manager.
United Mission for Relief and Development (UMR) is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Washington, DC. We are one of the fastest growing NGOs in the United States, with a focus on relief and developmental needs globally and domestically. We currently have an opening for a full-time, MEAL Assistant to lead UMR’s in-country projects.
Role and Responsibilities:
1. MEAL Plan Design: Collaborate in the development of comprehensive Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) plans for projects, overseeing the execution of M&E activities, assessments, and surveys.
2. M&E Support: Provide direct support to the monitoring and evaluation processes across all project sites, ensuring the effective collection and management of data.
3. Database Management: Maintain an up-to-date and organized database, assisting program staff in generating high-quality periodic reports from the data collected.
4. Reporting Excellence: Prepare well-structured weekly, monthly, and annual monitoring reports that succinctly capture project activities and outcomes.
5. Data Management: Accurately input activity-related data, statistics, and information from project operations into relevant databases on a weekly and monthly basis.
6. Survey Facilitation: Collaborate in the planning and execution of Baseline and Endline Evaluations, Post Distribution Monitoring (PDMs), Satisfaction Surveys, and household surveys across diverse locations.
7. Data Quality Assurance: Ensure the integrity of field-collected data by conducting thorough reviews to identify and rectify incomplete or inconsistent information.
8. Beneficiary Information Handling: Compile and meticulously input beneficiary and project-related data into databases, ensuring data accuracy.
9. Project Oversight: Conduct daily follow-up activities aligned with the M&E plan to ensure projects are progressing as intended.
10. Timely Reporting: Ensure prompt and accurate reporting in alignment with monthly indicator performance tracking tables.
11. Tool Development: Participate in the development of MEAL tools, records, and forms to effectively capture and report project activities, in accordance with logical frameworks and goals.
12. Success Story Generation: Collaborate with project officers to craft compelling success stories, drawing from collected data and communication with beneficiaries.
13. Data Compilation: Consistently collect and compile project data, including case studies, success stories, and photographic evidence of field-level facilities and activities.
Qualifications and Skills:
1. Education: A Bachelor's Degree in information technology, statistics, or a related field is required.
2. Experience: A minimum of 2 years of previous experience in similar or relevant positions is necessary.
3. Analytical Skills: Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to observe and analyze data effectively.
4. Information Management: Prior experience working on information management for Health and Nutrition programming is preferred.
5. Excel Proficiency: Demonstrated advanced use of Excel is required, and experience with other accounting software is strongly preferred.
6. Language Skills: Fluency in both written and spoken English and Arabic is essential.
7. Communication: Excellent communication skills are necessary for effective reporting and collaboration.
How to Apply
The deadline for receiving applications is Thursday, November 30, 2023.
Interested candidates are requested to submit their CV by e-mail to email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Clearly mention the job title that you are applying for in the subject of your e-mail!
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل