Site Civil Engineer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Site Civil Engineer
Job Title: Site Civil Engineer
Deadline : 27 - 7 - 2021
Duty Station: Based in Sana’a Community center and field
Probationary Period: Three months
Project Donor: UNHCR
Department: CCCM Department
Reporting to: CCCM Coordinator
Yemeni General Union of Sociologists, Social Workers and Psychologists(YGUSSWP) is a Non profit , and non-governmental organization (NGO), founded in 2011.YGUSSWP Working in the social and humanitarian fields, it is an organization specialized in responding to emergencies, disasters, crises and wars, it carries out its Projects in the following sectors : General protection, Child protection, Women protection, Shelter NFIs, ESKs , CCCM, WASH, Education, Case management, Mental health and livelihood projects, and it has a specialized professional team at the level of Yemeni governorates and districts , It is a professional forum governed by professional rules and ethics .
For more information about YGUSSWP , please visit our website at http://YGUSSWP.org
This role falls under the direct management of the Camp Coordination Camp Management (CCCM) Project Manager (PM), but will be monitored and supported by the CCCM Officer.
- Responsible for engineer analysis of site or settlement conditions relating to camp infrastructure (site maintenance projects) (drainage, electricity, lighting, communal areas, roads);
- Organizes materials and ensuring sites are safe and clean.
- Prepares cost estimates and ensuring appropriate materials and tools are available.
- Provides technical advice and suggestions for improvement on particular projects.
- Conducting site assessments;
- Preparation of plan of action for site upgrading;
- Preparation of BOQs;
- Submission of order forms for equipment and tools;
- Hiring and supervision of skilled and non-skilled labourers;
- Implementation of site upgrading and subsequent maintenance;
- Monitoring of work quality;
- Establishing, training, and supporting site maintenance committees;
- Supporting Fire Prevention Training and Awareness raising and conducting other prevention/risk reduction activities;
- Coordinating all activities through established camp/site coordination mechanisms.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Position
- Conduct camp/site risk assessments and create action plans for prompt repair of camp infrastructure .
- Monitor multi-sector needs and service provision and the overall condition of a camp/site including shelter, WASH, environment and cross-cutting services such as protection, health, psychosocial support, and education, among others, in all sectors of the camp/site according to agreed upon guidelines, standards and indicators.
- Develop joint integrated site risk management plans to promote the health, safety and environment of sites (camps, collective centres, other temporary settlements).
- Conduct the technical implementation of site maintenance, covering safe site design or layout, repairs and risk reduction in camps/sites, the upkeep of shelter, WASH, electrical systems, other site facilities and utilities and the general environment. Monitor work to ensure quality.
- Mobilize, train, support and equip displaced communities to be self-autonomous in safely maintaining the camp/site environment according to the integrated site risk management plan. Ensure clarification of roles and responsibilities amongst stakeholders with a focus on sustainability and community/local government ownership.
- Account for and maintain all equipment and supplies that are required for technical assistance as part of site risk management plans.
- Monitor and document all site maintenance and risk reduction works and regularly visit sites (minimum monthly basis) to ensure quality is maintained in accordance with site risk management plans, standing operating guidelines and indicators.
- Liaise and interact with government authorities, displaced and host communities to ensure social cohesion is strong and if possible, create opportunities for local employment using principles of gender equality
- Follow established referral mechanisms in close collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Apply a participatory approach to identify, analyse and prioritise camp/site needs in order to avoid service duplication and gaps in assistance and protection, ensuring that the voices of specific groups and vulnerable persons are heard.
- Assist to strengthen and monitor an effective, transparent, representative site governance system including coordination of camp/site service provision and other defined activities.
- Support the mobilization and participation of the camp/site and host populations in the camp governance system with particular emphasis on meaningful inclusion of women, children, elderly and persons with specific needs into decision-making processes
- Contribute to camp/site information management system through appropriate information sharing with all relevant stakeholders in a manner that upholds the principle of confidentiality.
- Ensure that the displaced are aware of the assistance and services available in the camp/site and how to access them; distribution points should be accessible and distribution mechanism should take into consideration groups with specific needs to minimize chances of violence, abuse and exploitation.
- Other duties as assigned.by CCCM coordinator
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Essential Skills and Knowledge Required
- Bachelor Degree in civil engineering, construction management or other area related to the role
- Capability to establish good and respectful relationship with other actors;
- Able to train and manage a team (to listen, advise, support, solve conflicts, motivate, etc.);
- Experience with participatory fieldwork, methodologies, monitoring and reporting;
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles and code of conduct;
- Patience, good personal organisation, good communication and ability to work in teams, seriously, rigorously and personal accountability;
- Very good interpersonal and diplomatic skills, especially with beneficiaries facing difficult situations;
- Initiative, flexibility, team spirit, willingness to learn, and a positive attitude;
- Ability to work under time pressure, independently and with limited supervision;
- Computer literate (IT) and good level of numeracy.
Minimum 2 years experience in the field and in a related position. Preferably more than 3 years experience in managing people,
Fluency in written and spoken Arabic and excellent in English Language
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل