PROGRAM OFFICER - Aden, Yemen
- Department: Programs / Program Management
- Location: Aden, Yemen
- Supervisor: Operations Manager
- Contract: Full Time - Fixed term (with possibility of extension)
- Compensation: 800-1000 USD based on experience
Contract Terms & Salary compensations will vary and be defined on the basis of local employment rates in accordance with the position grade and experience.
Still I Rise, an international NGO, works towards development and the realization of humanitarian projects aiming at providing education and support to refugee children and youth, is looking for a Program Officer to join Still I Rise team to lead an innovative, childhood educational program in Aden, Yemen. The Program Officer will be responsible for the implementation of the program, manage government & relationships at the national level representing the Organisation, supervise all operational activities, managing and supervising the local team, coordinating with remote staff. The successful candidate will be an energetic, highly organized, excellent communicator, and skilled in team management.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Right to legally work and Residency in Aden, Yemen
- Full working proficiency, in English and Arabic languages (C1-C2)
- Demonstrated experience (5+ years) of working in operations and project management, including budgetary, financial, and operational oversight
- Previous experience and familiarity within the humanitarian sector
- Demonstrated understanding of procurement, logistics & supply chain processes
- Experience in leadership roles, management and coordination of teams
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Good IT skills including use of MS Office
- Experience of working through community participation and/or approaches.
- Knowledge and familiarity with the Education and International Baccalaureate system is an advantage
- Facilitative leader, solution-oriented
- Believes in commitment, integrity, and accountability
- Versatility and adaptability to a changing environment and be able to handle multiple priorities
- Competency in negotiation
Program Management, Assurance & Control
- In close collaboration with the Operations Manager, lead the planning, monitoring, and implementation of the Yemen program.
- Manage and supervise the local team.
- Coordinate and finalize recruitment of local staff members to complete the local team.
- Coordinate with local authorities, MOPIC and MoE in particular on project implementation and monitoring.
- Ensure monitoring and regular communication through meetings, check-ins, and other appropriate tools.
- Monitor programs’ implementation against work plans and overall project objectives, documenting progress and achievements.
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed and report any suspected information security violation and/or breach to the concerned department.
- Develop, implement, promote, and supervise compliance with school safety and security protocols.
Procurement and Financial Management:
- Oversee program’s procurement and processes as required based on program implementation’s needs.
- Support LO in regular procurement processes (following policy) and ensure regular accounting of all expenses, keeping a transparent finances management.
- Ensure efficient regular management of budget as well as close monitoring of spending, and relay prompt feedback on potential over/underspend.
KEY KPIs for Aden’s Program and Operations:
- Manage effectively the local team, ensuring a smooth running of program activities.
- Act as the primary point of contact for SIR program in Yemen (Recruitment, Logistics and Procurement; Financial; Legal representation of SIR Yemen; liaising with relevant stakeholders and ensuring compliance with local laws and regulations).
- Operating Still I Rise’s bank account as required & Ensure transparency in financial management.
- Ensure streamlined and timely communication and reporting with the respective remote departments.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications, including a copy of their CV, Cover Letter, and a written authorization to personal data processing, by sending an email, indicating in the subject “PROGRAM OFFICER YEMEN”, to the address:
At Still I Rise, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We thrive on it for the benefit of our programs, our mission, and our community. Please kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you for your interest in Still I Rise.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل