Project Officer (Hygiene Promotion) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Project Officer (Hygiene Promotion) -Lahj/Aden
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 500 projects a year reaching over 14 million beneficiaries with 300 international staff and 4,400 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Al Hodeidah, Raymah, Al Dhale’e, Saadah, Al Jawf, Aden, and Dhamar.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Project Officer (Hygiene Promotion)
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 3 months
- Develop the strategy and budget for hygiene promotion activities and hygiene kits distribution;
- Ensure that procurement, development and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures;
- Investigate and facilitate the introduction of new technology, methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of hygiene promotion and distribution activities;
- Follow up on all Hygiene related matters including sessions in the community conducted, distributions and post distributions monitoring in the field.
- Jointly with technical staff and other WASH actors, update detailed needs and resource assessments and revise designs of technical plans as necessary, taking into account practical aspects of implementation, long-term sustainable solutions, and relevant technical specifications and guidelines;
- Ensure the activities are implemented in adherence to ACTED hygiene promotion and distribution technical guidelines and donor requirements in specific projects;
- Coordinates all Hygiene Promotion and distribution activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plans at area level;
- Record targets and monitor behavioural changes on a regular basis;
- At area level, take lead in conducting hygiene promotion, distribution and related assessments including PDM, KAP etc. in coordination with the WASH team and M&E department.
- Supervise and monitor the implementation of the ongoing hygiene activities;
- Team management and capacity building;
- Explore and work with different groups to find effective hygiene promotion and distribution approaches including drama shows, radio, messaging and role plays etc.
Reporting and Documentation:
- Compile hygiene promotion and distribution data and share with relevant teams;
- Works with the WASH engineers to Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents as required by the WASH team;
- Manage hygiene promotion and distribution activities database at area level;
- Compile and keep track of success stories from the field.
- Participates in WASH/Hygiene activities coordination at governorate level and coordinates with all relevant hygiene promotion and distribution stakeholders;
- Coordinate with WASH Engineer to ensure that both hygiene promotion activities and hardware activities are implemented in a coordinated and integrated manner;
- Coordination with relevant stakeholders on governorate level to ensure effective programming and implementation.
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members;
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in public health or environmental science;
- Minimum of 2 years practical experience in the environmental health domain;
- Experience in behavior change activities;
- Understands and have implemented hygiene promotion methodologies in emergency settings;
- Fluency in Arabic and English;
- Proven supervisory skills. Computer literacy in standard software. (Word, Excel);
- Proven ability to work closely with local communities and authorities;
- Proven ability to handle workloads and to work under pressure in remote areas.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل