Driver Light vehicles This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Driver Light vehicles
Contract type: Open Ended
Number of Posts: 5 Posts
Duty Station: Taiz, Turba
The Light Vehicles Driver transports people and goods in a safe and timely manner, in accordance with ICRC rules and regulations and national traffic laws.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Drives light vehicles to transport people and/or material in strict adherence to internal security rules and national traffic laws.
- Constantly monitors security conditions on the road.
- Ensures that goods are stored inside the vehicle according to local, international and ICRC safety standards (attachment and distribution of goods, etc.).
- Checks their assigned vehicle(s)' equipment, general functioning and body condition and ensures that it is kept fuelled and clean inside and out.
- Checks that trips have been authorized where necessary.
- Immediately reports accidents, defects and/or missing equipment to management.
- Can act as head of convoy as needed (in charge of the driver(s), application of security rules and time-frame for the convoy).
- Internally, interacts mainly with logistics staff and other ICRC employees.
- Externally, interacts with people related to their work, e.g. traffic police, weapon bearers at checkpoints, fuel station personnel, etc. May interact with beneficiaries.
- Secondary school diploma.
- Driving license B (BE, B1) held for at least five years.
- Knowledge (spoken and written) of English and/or French.
- Knowledge of the local language(s).
Professional Experience Required
- Experience in a similar position an asset.
- Automobile maintenance experience (oil checks, changing tyres, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of mechanics.
- Good knowledge of the area of assignment.
- People management
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Representing the ICRC
- Beneficiary- and client-focused
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل