Field Project Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
- Job Title: Field Project Officer
- Duration: 10 months
- Location: Hajja
- Reporting to: Project Manager
- Deadline of submission: 22/09/2023
BCHR is a non-profit and non-governmental organization aiming to provide health, nutrition, food security and protection services as a humanitarian response to the escalating socio-economic situation in Yemen since 2015.
The role of the Field Project Officer is to plan, execute, and manage projects according to strict deadlines and within the allocated budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver the project according to its plan. He/ She will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
- Manage all coordination efforts with governorate related authorities.
- Develop and execute project plan in the field and schedule using appropriate tools with a focus on technical and operational; track progress and revise schedule and scope to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Lead and be personally responsible for achieving his/her project goals in the field.
- Ensure project delivery on time and within scope, budget, and acceptable quality.
- Conduct regular visits to the field for project activities implementation and to identify problem and recommend solution.
- Follow up with project team on field implementation and needs
- Communicate project objectives, scope, and expectations to project management, team members, and other stakeholders in a timely and clear manner.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Set and manage donors’ expectations; manage the interaction with donors and develop lasting relationship with donors’ personnel.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis— provide stakeholders with a daily/weekly/monthly project progress update.
- Track and resolve issues and conflicts during the project implementation; report and escalate to Project management as needed. Also, Writing lessons learned and submit them to the project management
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Define project success criteria, which have to be well defined in the agreed forms, and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise project team members and contractors; influence them to take positive actions and to be accountable for their assigned work.
- Provide BCHR Media Officer with necessary information for marketing and promotion purposes.
- Assure project legal documents are completed, signed, and archived.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes with respect to projects along with possible solutions.
- Prepare the weekly, monthly, quarterly and final reports and then submit them to the project management.
- Perform assigned related task by the project management
- Submit the periodic plans to the project management.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Exercise his/her power and authority in project delivery in accordance with the Project Manager Authority Matrix set forth by BCHR.
- Ensure project resource (e.g., staff, time, money, equipment, etc.) availability and allocation in a timely manner; re-plan when necessary.
- Assign field staff if needed.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration related to this field.
- Prior three-year’ experience in field of Shelter and CCCM projects with INGOs/NGOs.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Willing to undertake regular field visits to other governorates.
- Good analytical, and excellent oral communication, teamwork and people skills
- Strong leadership and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to details and high level of accuracy
- Effective listening; verbal and writing communication skills.
- Strong command of both Arabic and English languages is essential written and spoken.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل