Quality Assurance Specialist – IM This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Quality Assurance Specialist – IM
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfillment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
DRC has been operating in the Middle East (ME) region for over a decade, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey with a Regional Office (RO) in Amman.
DRC Yemen’s response
Throughout its nine field offices and a workforce of 450 staff, DRC upholds its main programmatic objectives to provide immediate and life sustaining assistance, to strengthen the protective environment, and to reduce displacement related risks and vulnerabilities by promoting self-reliance at household and community level.
Multi-sector, life-saving interventions during acute or protracted crisis within the areas of Rapid Response Mechanism (RRM), emergency shelter and non-food items, camp management, general food distribution (cash and in-kind), and multi-purpose cash assistance covering all stages of project cycle management, from programme design to implementation and monitoring and evaluation. Including also emergency preparedness activities. Emergency programs also emphasizes on the integration with other DRC programs, including protection, WASH and CCCM, for strengthening programme impact within an area of operation.
Overall purpose of the role:
this non-managerial position is under the overall guidance of the Quality Assurance Manager. S/he will contribute to the development and implementation of DRC Yemen Quality Assurance framework, with particular focus on the establishment of information management system and develop forms, online tools, and databases for capturing, evaluating, and improving project implementation. S/he will develop and maintain a monthly cumulative database as well as provide summary analysis and compile the findings into a well written and structured narrative and visual reports. S/he will support in the rollout and harmonization of the countrywide information management system to ensure an accurate data is sent to the data focal points and document the lessons learnt captured from the IM system.
- Design/develop, test, maintain, support, and improve the IM system that maintains and organizes data on DRC activities and provides support in reporting, project tracking and data analysis.
- Develop database security measures to safeguard information against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification, or disclosure, especially in terms of sensitive beneficiary information.
- Ensure that information systems and processes are compliant with applicable standards and guidelines related to information management and data protection, including donor standards and requirements.
- Ensure effective data management by improving existing or developing new data collection tools and methodologies, designing, and managing database systems for analysis purposes and ensuring the proper translation for the tools within the humanitarian context.
- Develop, build and maintain reporting systems including visualizations using PowerBI, Tableau or other suitable applications.
- Ensure quality and a harmonized data collection across all tools for different sectors and interventions to ensure quality, analysis, and AGD mainstreaming.
- Review sectoral databases and IM systems to lead harmonization of tools used across the different areas as well as linkages to the master database.
- Develop and maintain a monthly cumulative database for tracking beneficiaries reached under the different interventions and maintain up to date status of information at the country level.
- Ensure efficient data collection and analysis linking the databases with the Indicator Performance Tracking Tool (IPTT).
- Document lessons learnt captured from the IM system and share with the QA Manager, Area Managers and Coordinators as relevant.
- In consultation with the QA Manager, supervise the recruitment process of IM staff and casual labors or enumerators as well as build their capacity.
- Draft information products such as reports, charts, and infographics by turning data into graphic products to facilitate the dissemination of information to external stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned by QA Manager.
Skills and Experiences:
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in information management, database design or database administration, and/or information management with development projects implemented by national/international NGOs/UN.
- Experience with developing and building reporting systems including visualizations with PowerBI/Tableau or other suitable applications
- Experience with data collection tools such as ODK, Kobo Toolbox, SurveyCTO.
- Advanced knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite developer features such as VBA and Macros for automation is an asset.
- Ability to perform data analysis using SPSS and CC language is an added asset
- Demonstrated ability to concisely identify discrepancies, ensure quality of the data and data analysis.
- Ability to work in structured manner and independently with limited oversight.
- Ability to remotely support individuals.
- Excellent data analysis and report-writing skills.
- Experience providing training and support to project staff.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, including a supportive working style
- Solid knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is preferred
- Understanding of various donor requirements such UN, EC, ECHO, DFID, OFDA e.t.c
- Adheres to the DRC’s values, ethical standards and data protection policy
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the DRC Yemen Program;
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
- Willingness to travel very frequently to field sites and deliver capacity building on data collection and IM systems Organizes and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships;
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and partners to facilitate the provision of support;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral): sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, respectful and helpful relations with donors and project staff.
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view;
- Solicits feedback from staff about the impact of his/her own behavior.
All DRC roles require the post-holder to master DRC’s core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: Focusing on reaching results while ensuring efficient processes.
- Collaborating: Involving relevant parties and encouraging feedback.
- Taking the lead: Taking ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: Listening and speaking effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment.
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.)
Bachelor’s degree in, IT, computer science, statistics, economics, M&E science, social science or related field.
- English language (Fluent)
- Arabic language (Fluent)
Contract duration till end of 30. June 2022, with possible extension based on fund and performance.
Workplace: Aden with frequent travels to the field locations.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل