Site Engineer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Posted on: 01 June 2021
Deadline: 14 June 2021
Job Title: Sit Engineer
Duration: 6 months
Starting Date: At soon
Society for Humanitarian Solidarity (SHS) is a nonprofit humanitarian NGO based in Yemen. It was founded in 1995. SHS, winner of the Nansen refugee award in 2011, for its dedicated work in providing the assistance to refugees and migrants who arrive in Yemen. SHS is a trusted implementing partner to more than 5 international organizations operating in Yemen. SHS has built a strong career and trust among the local community and the international organizations through its tenure in providing assistance to the IDPS and most vulnerable groups.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
A Site Engineer within the construction industry is part of the site management team and acts as day-to-day manager on a construction site, which can include liaising with third party stakeholders and managing the site facilities.
Site Engineers are also responsible for planning, technical queries, marking out and leveling construction sites before any work takes place as well as checking drawings, quantities and ensuring calculations are accurate.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Organizes materials and ensuring sites are safe and clean.
2. Prepares cost estimates and ensuring appropriate materials and tools are available.
3. Provides technical advice and suggestions for improvement on particular projects.
4. Diagnoses and troubleshooting equipment as required.
5. Negotiates with suppliers and vendors to ensure the best contracts.
6. Authorizes technical drawings and engineering plans.
7. Draws up work schedules and communicating any adjustments to IDPs and service suppliers.
8. Gathering data, compiling reports and delivering presentations to relevant stakeholders.
9. Delegates tasks and scheduling meetings and training sessions where required.
10. Completes quality assurance and providing feedback to the team.
11. Liaises with the local authority to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws.
12. Supervises site security, health and safety.
13. Provides technical advice and solving problems on site.
14. Ensures project packages meet agreed specifications, budgets and/or timescales.
15. Planning and Setting out sites arrangements.
16. Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to SHS and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
17. Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Non
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Field Coordinator
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: IM/Reporting Officer, Data Entry, Community mobilizers, Hotline and Complaint Officer.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- A degree in a relevant such as civil or structural engineering, or another related subject like construction.
- Team working and relationship-building skills.
- Technical skills
- Leadership and management.
- Excellent IT skills
- Strong communicative skills both written and oral
- Strong analytical skills
- Driving license
- High attention to detail, Detail Oriented.
- Problem solving.
- Assess Environmental Impact and Risks.
- High attention to detail.
- Problem solving skills.
- Comfortable Writing Technical Reports.
- Adheres to all SHS policies and procedures, as outlined in SHS policies and procedure manuals.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل