MEAL Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position Request Form
- Job Title: MEAL Officer
- No of position: 1 Position
- Grade: D/G1
- Deadline: March 23rd, 2023
- Contract Type: Service Contract
- Duration: 10 Months renewable based on funding availability and performance.
- Duty Station: Hajjah Governorate.
- Probationary Period: Six months.
- Department: MEAL
- Reporting to: MEAL Manager
Relief and Development Peer Foundation (RDP) is Non-governmental Organization aims to mitigate the suffering of communities affected by the conflict and disasters, enhance more equitable socio economic development and Increase social responsibility to contribute effectively and positively on the development process. RDP advocates for the rights of affected populations and work in many field areas, food security, nutrition and health and water, sanitation and hygiene, good governance and peace.
This position reports to the MEAL Manager and is mainly responsible for all MEAL related tasks in Hajjah governorate for Health and Nutrition project. The MEAL officer will provide technical support in all areas of monitoring and evaluation including rigorous field monitoring, data collection, analysis, assessments, surveys, accountability, and learning activities. The position holder will work closely with the program’s teams to conduct field monitoring, support capacity-building, and facilitate quality data collection. S/he will work according to RDP MEAL department policies, conduct all regular MEAL tasks, and provide ongoing support in reviewing progress reports and documents. The incumbent is also responsible for implementing RDP's Complaint and Feedback Mechanism in collaboration with the CFM unit; tracking/collecting of beneficiaries' information, sensitizing them about their rights and the CFM, and conducting regular post-distribution monitoring surveys.
Duties and responsibilities:
Responsibility for conducting all MEAL standard tasks with the assigned project/s that includes the following;
- Develop/update comprehensive MEAL plans for the project activities, indicators, MoVs collection, field visits, and other MEAL tasks related to measuring the project’s outcomes and outputs.
- Design the required MEAL tools for the project including the indicators tracking tools, templates, checklists, and other tools as required.
- Develop and follow up the project reporting matrix in close coordination with the designated program’s staff to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Conduct and supervise the data collection, analysis, and quality check of data and activities implemented.
- Conduct the monitoring field visits to the project locations in order to carry out technical monitoring, and verify that the field works are implemented within timeline and according to the standards of nutrition, FSL, WASH and other programs as well as national & international quality standards.
- Assisting in development and improvement of the technical supervision plans, as required,
- Prepare the required monitoring checklists, and reflect the key findings and follow-up issues of the field visits in a specific Field Monitoring/Evaluation Report template and follow up essential issues with concerned staff in a continuous process.
- Conduct monthly performance progress analyses and presentations.
- Implement RDP’s Complaints and Feedback Mechanism and ensure that RDP’s AAP approach is mainstreamed in all of projects’ activities.
- Prepare for evaluation missions and workshops according to specific ToRs.
- Ensure reliable and regular archiving of projects’ MoVs and documents.
- Participate mainly in new surveys, needs assessments, PDMs, Baseline, Endline. etc.
- Supervise and monitor any surveys throughout data collection and data analysis. Also, train enumerators and review the final data collection.
- Support the field team meetings and compile/ follow up on action-positive and timely feedback.
- Ensure all project staff understands and adheres to the project’s logical framework, indicators, and goals.
- Record lessons learned and good practice case studies from reviews and evaluations and communicate them to the field team.
- Any other task as requested by direct supervisor.
- A university degree is required in Business, public health, engineering or other related field;
- 3-4 years of professional work experience in NGOs, and not less than 2 year in field position;
- Experience in Nutrition and Health projects, as well as Sphere and other humanitarian standards, is advantage;
- Fluent English language, written and spoken in essential with strong reporting skills;
- Strong technical experience in MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
- Strong experience in data collection and analysis tools (KoboCollect, ONA, SPSS);
- Experience in technical report writing (PDM, Needs Assessments, Baselines, etc.).
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure, conduct travel missions and handle multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills and building positive relationships with colleagues and supervisors.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Jobs you may be interested in
Posted 3 days ago
Deadline: 12 Apr. 2023