Job Title: Finance Officer
Job site: Yemen
Reporting to: Executive Director
Main contacts: Projects Team, Resonate's internal and external stakeholders, Resonate's Executive Director.
Application Closing Date: 12 – December – 2023.
Duration of Initial Contract: One year (extendable based upon performance and funding availability).
Type of contract: Full-time
ABOUT Resonate! Yemen
Resonate! Yemen Foundation (Resonate!), is a non-for-profit civil society foundation contributing to inclusive and local sustainable development through the provision of institutional development and local community empowerment programs to diverse groups of development stakeholders including CSO's Youth and local Authorities. Resonate! Believes in community-based empowered interventions as a main source of local sustainable development. Thus, strengthening the capacities of different development stakeholders is essential to guarantee a better quality of service delivery especially during these challenging times.
During the past 10 years, Resonate! Had worked closely with a significant network of CSO's covering a wide geographical scope in Yemen. It provided its provided its local governorate implementing partners i.e.,CSOs and local authorities, both in the district and governorate level, with capacity building and technical support in various topics/areas including but not limited to: Social Accountability, Public Policy Governance, Advocacy, Project Management/Planning, Strategic Planning, Conflict Resolution, Peace building, Justice, Community Needs Assessment, Coordination and Networking, etc. While on the other hand, it worked towards building sustainable policies in Yemen while taking into consideration the input of Yemeni youth as major stakeholders in policy design and implementation bringing the voices and ideas of youth to public policy discourse while supporting youth action on issues of national and international significance.
- Ensure that all payments are made timely and in accordance with RY policies and procedures as well as donor guidelines and instructions.
- Ensures that all payments comply with the requirements of local laws and regulations.
- Ensures timely, complete, accurate and proper recording of all financial transactions.
- Assist in preparing project budgets.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are adequately and accurately supported by relevant supporting documentation and duly authorized by the appropriate authorized person.
- Reviews budget lines before processing a payment to ensure that expenses are approved and do not exceed the budget line.
- Responsible for the periodic preparation of internal and external reports related to the project.
- Preparing periodic budget versus actual variance analysis reports.
- Review fixed asset records.
- Maintains records of project-related expenses that cannot be invoiced or collected from donors and shares records with relevant members of management.
- Responsible for following up on the status of advances and loans and ensuring timely liquidation.
- Prepare reconciliation of bank accounts and accounts on a monthly basis.
- Ensures an appropriate archiving system for financial documents.
- Reviews and processes payroll and wage payments and ensures accurate and complete statutory deductions.
- Conduct field visits to monitor and suggest improvements to procedures and reports, if/when needed.
- Act as a single point of contact with other departments regarding assigned project issues, and provides support to project management/staff regarding project financial matters.
- Facilitating the work of internal and external auditors by providing all required supporting documents, clarifications and analyses.
- Assist with monthly financial and accounting closing.
- Any other duties assigned to him by senior management.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience in finance/accounting in NGOs.
- Management skills and competence in managing people.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English.
- •Good communication skills.
- Flexible to work long hours and weekends, if necessary.
- Strong representation and negotiation skills.
- Willingness to commit and adhere to RY’s values, mission and vision.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong skill in analysis and problem solving.
How to Apply
To Apply, please visit the following link:
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not wait until the closing date, as resumes will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل