Data Management Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Data Management Officer - (2201539)
- Grade: NO-A
- Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
- Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): One Year ( Subject to availability of funds, satisfactory performance and continuing need of position)
- Posting Date: Mar 12, 2023, 11:58:26 AM
- Closing Date: Apr 1, 2023, 12:59:00 AM
- Primary Location: Yemen-Sana’a
- Organization: EM_YEM WHO Representative's Office, Yemen
- Schedule: Full-time
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device's system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to formulate, evaluate and implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State's health development agendas that aims to increase access to and effectiveness of high quality health care, sound Health Financing and Human Resources strategies and better Health Governance.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
1. Provide technical input in developing effective tools and processes to collect, manage and combine data pertaining to the outbreak and/or health emergencies.
2. Analyze data of collected datasets; create maps, infographics, and other cartographic products on a regular and ad-hoc basis; in response country office needs.
3. Be responsible for field data collection efforts as necessary using different data collection techniques such as mobile data collection devices and applications.
4. Provide technical input in the development of tools to harmonize data collection and processes across WCO and field offices to facilitate consolidation of information. Respond to specific information requests from the technical teams and partners, ensure dissemination of information and knowledge sharing with all partners.
5. Aggregate and maintain information from technical teams, field offices and partners including contact lists, event specific information (what, where, who, how many, how quickly, current status), health indicator data, health situation data, health response data, etc.
- Essential: Bachelor's degree in information or data management or computer sciences or statistics or applied math or public health.
- Desirable: Post graduate courses in Database management. Training in databases development and/or management.
WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/.
- Essential: At least one year of relevant experience in data and /or information management. Experience in emergency or humanitarian context.
- Desirable: Prior humanitarian working experience at field level, with WHO/UN agencies, health cluster partners, recognized humanitarian organizations or with an international nongovernmental organization. Experience in developing countries.
- Excellent data management skills and knowledge working with datasets in multiple formalities including shapefile, geodatabase, CSV and XLS.
- Concrete skills in, analysis and complex information system projects, computer-based applications and databases, web-based tools.
- Good presentation skills.
- Proven ability to translate requirements into working solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and statistics
Enhanced WHO Global Competency Model:
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Local language.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 33,000 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave..
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- Applications from females are particularly encouraged.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
- Interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply on-line. For assessment of your application, please ensure that:
- your profile on Stellis is properly completed and updated;
- all required details regarding your qualifications, education and training are provided;
- all experience records are entered with elaboration on tasks performed at the time.
- Kindly note that CV/PHFs inserted via LinkedIn are not accessible.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل