Project Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
JOB TITLE: Project Officer
Report to: Project Manager
LOCATION: Al Hodaida Gov.
Duration: 8 Months Renewable according to budget & performance
ABOUT Building Foundation for Development:
BFD is a non-governmental and non-profit Yemeni organization, that was established in 2014. BFD is a leading humanitarian-based and development-oriented organization, which over the years, extended its coverage to several governorates, with a mission of working in a humane and transparent manner for the vulnerable groups in society and the affected groups through the implementation of sustainable development and relief programs of the highest quality. Responding to all areas of humanitarian sectors, BFD aspires to provide an integrated humanitarian and development response to conflict-affected areas through a professional, neutral, transparent approach and through adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Project Officer is responsible for the GFD activity implementation in the targeted districts, directly supervising the implementation of the project activities and providing support to the project manager at the field level and the coordination level with local authorities and communities via maintaining and developing BFD's relations with governorate-level authorities. S/He will liaise with relevant officials to ensure timely and effective approval of the project’s activities in the target governorate, as well as is responsible to assist in advocacy with donor and representation with the donor alongside the project manager. In addition, s/he will assist in facilitating community communication with the project staff towards implementing the activities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with Project Manager to draft supervision guidelines to ensure quality delivery of services at targeted sites.
- Ensure quality and timely field-level implementation of the GFA against set objectives, targets and work plans.
- Lead the GFA team in the area of assignment and work with the GFA’s staff to supervise project implementation.
- Conduct regular meetings with project staff and share weekly and monthly progress reports with Project Manager.
- Collect the DDRs from the district field assistants and ensure the validity of reports, then submit them to the data management officer.
- Responsible for submitting all daily, delivery and stock reports to the donor.
- In close coordination with Project Manager, prepare and share monthly, quarterly, annual and other reports required by the donor or Local Authorities.
- Ensure successful implementation of project activities according to program outputs and results.
- Coordinate with the M&E Officer to review project reporting indicators and reporting tools and ensure project targets are met using Indicator Performance Progress /activity tracking tables.
- Coordinate with the Logistics department to improve supply chain management and accountability for GFA services.
- Participate in relevant sub-coordination meetings/clusters, participate in collaboration and build strong relationships with other implementing partners in the area of assignment
- Support local program supervision visits from donors, SCMCHA or authorities or any other relevant parties as assigned by the Projects Manager.
- Work constructively with support teams to ensure sound administrative practices with regard to record keeping, compliance with donor regulations, communications, etc.
- Ensure that the project, the methodology, and the selection criteria do not endanger the beneficiaries, BFD’s staff, or any other person related to the Project.
- Provide role cover for the Project Manager in their absence or as requested by the Program Manager.
- Comply all BFD’s policies (Safeguarding policy, Code of conduct, Child protection, Safety & Security policy.) and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Comply with BFD's policies and practice with respect to BENFS protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Creates a managerial environment to lead, enable and maintain our culture of safeguarding.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (humanitarian assistance and/ or development, economics, and management).
- 2-3 years experience working in government relations for a humanitarian organization
- Experience in liaison and representation with senior-level authorities in the target districts.
- Knowledge of humanitarian coordination mechanisms, international NGO and UN mandates
- Demonstrated diplomatic communication skills with the ability to build a strong network with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to absorb complex written and verbal information and communicate effectively.
- Ability to plan, develop and deliver outreach talks, workshops, and coordination meetings to relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to engage and influence government authorities and their departments to achieve results.
- Diplomatic communication and ability to build a strong network
- Strong analytical skills for the identification of key issues
- English proficiency required.
- Good computer skills, particularly in Word and Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet.
Core Humanitarian Standards (CHs): The role holder is required to carry out the duties in adherence to the Core Humanitarian Standards, the values and principles outlined in BFD's policies such as Code of Conduct, Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation and other internal policies and guidelines.
Equal Opportunities The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the BFD Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Jobs you may be interested in
Posted 1 day ago
Deadline: 07 Apr. 2023