Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters, and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender, or political affiliation.
MSF-E is advertising for the following position: OBSTETRICIAN GYNAECOLOGIST
Requirements for the position
- Essential: Gynaecology specialist diploma
- Essential: Previous working experience of at least two years in Gynaecology
- Desirable: Previous experience with MSF or other NGOs in developing countries
- Essential: Fluent in Arabic
- Desirable: Good leve of English
Other: Essential: computer literacy of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Place of work: Al-Qanawis – Hodeida Governorate Republic of Yemen
- Level: 9
- Duration: Based on the needs until end of the year 2024, with the possibility of short or long contract
- Others: Salary: Based on the organization scale
Implement gynecological and obstetrician procedures, performing any other prior treatment required, during or immediately after a woman has given birth in order to improve women’s reproductive health and to reduce pregnancy, delivery and neonatology risks. This will be done in accordance with MSF policies, protocols and universal hygiene standards and in multidisciplinary collaboration with other medical doctors and midwife services.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
- Provide health care related to gynecology and obstetrics to patients, including prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
- Ensure the implementation of MSF clinical policies, tools, guidelines and protocols related to gynecology and obstetrics in order to minimize clinical risk and to extend best reproductive practices.
- In collaboration with other medical colleagues, carry out the collection of quantitative gynecological data and ensure exhaustive use of management tools in order to improve gynecological results and to share knowledge among other field specialists.
- Plan and supervise the HR associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the gynecological staff in order to ensure both an efficient sizing and the amount of knowledge required, to improve people’s capabilities and their active participation in influencing the targeted population using preventive practices. This will be done in close coordination with the HR department.
- Supervise the maintenance and running of the gynecological equipment and drug consumption, preparing new orders when required and ensuring its rational use as well as that pharmacy stock levels are permanently updated and available. This will be done in cooperation with the pharmacist and logistic staff, the management.
- Responsible of all obstetrics and gynaecology activities in the operational theatre during the assigned duty.
- Give surgical support to other gynaecologists in case of need.
- Assure the quality of care in the obstetrics and gynae interventions in the project.
- Properly register and document all obstetrics and gynae interventions.
- Follow up critical cases in recovery area informing and discussing with the line manager about management and possibility of referral.
- Follow infection control measures and procedures in operating room.
- Attend morning meetings and coordinate the daily activities with the rest of national and international gynecologists, general practitioners, MWAM and midwife supervisors.
- Conduct daily ward round ensuring the proper documentation of care.
- Respect the admission criteria and do all prescriptions according to MSF protocols.
- Attend and participate in the maternal mortality analysis and near miss reporting.
- Collaborate with the antibiotics stewardship focal point to ensure proper and rationale prescription of antibiotics in the operating room and the maternity.
- Participate in the trainings and educational activities of maternity.
- Improve in collaboration with IS Gynecologist and MWAM people’s capabilities and their active participation in influencing the targeted population using preventive practices.
- Assessment of obstetrical/gynecological/female sexual violence patients in ER.
- Inform line manager (Hospital Clinical Lead / International Obstetrician gynaecologist) about any possible serious medical events or complications.
- Inform line manager (Hospital Clinical Lead / International Obstetrician gynaecologist) of any problems that might be linked to human or material resources
How to Apply
- All interested candidates should go through below link to apply for the position and must have a Gmail account (no hardcopies will be accepted): https://forms.gle/jJwVhDqC1M8M5ZZ2A
- Interested candidates are invited to send detailed CV, cover letter in English, copy of valid work permit from the medical council in Sana’a, copy of their ID and previous work certificates.
- Deadline for the submission of applications is OPEN-ENDED.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted!
- REMEMBER that the experience you mention in the CV will NOT be considered unless you attach the supporting certificates and documents.
- Test and Interview will be both conducted in English.
- “MSF promotes the inclusion of women and people with disabilities. MSF does not charge fees or accept any money during the entire recruitment process.”
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل