Responsiveness for Relief and Development Foundation (RRD) is a non-government organization that aims to contribute effectively to reduce human suffering in Yemen. RRD works with local communities and stakeholders to provide humanitarian aid for people in conflict-affected areas. RRD implements its programs based on innovative ideas and approaches focusing on short-term impacts, sustainability as well as building on successful practices and lessons-learned to meet humanitarian aid standards and requirements.
Mission Statement: To alleviate human sufferings, build confidence and promote evidence-based decision making.
Vision Statement: A civilized and cohesive community inspired by peace, tolerance, and prosperity.
RRD Objectives: 1) Reduce the suffering of people affected by conflicts and disasters, 2) Develop systems that provide high quality and reliable data related to the humanitarian aid and development process, 3) Raise awareness of civil society to participate effectively and positively in the democratic and development processes.
- Job Title: Project Manager
- Application Deadline: 06/06/2023
- Project Reporting To: Programs Coordinator
- Location: Sana’a with frequent traveling to field.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Manager will provide technical support to project staff and will be responsible for the overall efficient delivery of the project at the field level. The Project Manager will carry out the tasks of follow up all project activities and details related to implementation of the activities in the 8 targeted governorates and will be responsible for any technical or managerial support needed. He/She will be the focal point with the donor and will be responsible for the reporting aspect of the project.
Job Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Establish and perform sustained communication and cooperation with the persons of concern, relevant stakeholders including but not limited local authorities, communities; other humanitarian actors, to support adequate implementation and coordination of project activities.
- Provide operational supervision to staff in the implementation of project activity by leading in monthly planning with staff, ensuring resources are appropriately utilized.
- Be responsible for the implementation, management and supervision of the project in eight Governorates, in line with RRD strategy and project plan and according to humanitarian, national and international standards.
- Maintain regular communication with external experts and consultants, including carrying out developing the job description, coordination meetings and tracking progress of assigned tasks.
- Ensure that all project activities are consistent with established standard methodologies.
- Conduct field trips to locations to ensure all activities are carried out as per national guidelines and meeting doners standards.
- Be responsible for the collection and timely reporting of data and statistics for programs with national, internal, and donor requirements.
- Oversee the process of data collection, collation, analysis, and dissemination to meet the requirements and deadlines.
- Preparing and drafting all type of reporting for the projects (weekly, monthly, quarterly, interim, and final reports), that is required for donors or clusters, and submit these reports to his/her program manager.
- Ensure that regular monitoring and evaluation assessments are conducted both against project objectives and to ensure the quality of the program, with reports being made, feedback provided, and action identified.
- Provide technical advice and strategies to relevant staff in the efficient and effective implementation of project activities.
- Provide input into the integration of beneficiary participation and accountability in all aspects of the project and ensure appropriate follow-up and decision-making on data relevant to the project.
- Contribute to the successful implementation of the activities related to fostering participatory implementation of the project and provide substantive expertise and support to it.
- Contribute to preparation of the annual and quarterly project work-plans and up-dates.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required qualifications and skills.
- Education (bachelor’s degree or higher is a MUST in either agricultural economics, development studies or social sciences).
- Years of previous experience (minimum 5 years) in conducting development-related studies, baseline surveys. evaluations or impact assessments.
- Knowledge in conducting studies using both quantitative and qualitative methods is essential.
- English language skills (MUST) and knowledge of Arabic is desirable.
How to Apply
- Interested and qualified candidates are requested to click here:
- Deadline for submission of applications: 06 June 2023; interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not wait until the closing date; CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted, and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل