Field Coordinator (2)
Field Coordinator (2)
Location: Ad Dali’ and Shabwah.
Reports to: Project Manager / WASH Program Manager.
Organization & Background:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economy, wellbeing, and health.
The Field Coordinator is responsible for the oversight, development, and management of all organization programmers as well as HR, finance, logistics, administration, security, representation, and advocacy in the designated field area. S/he will work under the supervision of the Project Manager. In fulfilling his/her responsibilities, s/he will work with other senior managers to ensure that the programs are carried out in line. S/He is responsible to carry out field work in order to mobilize communities, monitor activities and provide support to project management and other team members for the effective and efficient implementation of the project’s activities. He/she will also be responsible for data collection, monitoring of local partners’ performance on the field level as well as reporting of activities.
- Oversee and review all aspects of fieldwork on a daily basis in the field.
- Prepare the field needs for the project work team.
- Coordinate field work for the project with local authorities, community, and different stakeholders in the target area.
- Oversee all logistics requirements of the related activities in addition to the fieldwork plans of the project work team.
- Keep the forms documents, and questionnaires safe and sound.
- Ensure that the planned commodities (e.g., medical equipment and supplies, medications, kits, lab reagent, ...) reaches the target health facilities and beneficiaries.
- Evaluate the performance of the work team and raise it to the Project Manager, who in turn raises it to the project manager.
- Write a report summarizing all activities carried out in the field, achievements, difficulties, etc.
- Coordination and field communication with local authorities and community leaders in the targeted areas, to ensure that all activities are implemented without hindrances.
- Participation in the preliminary survey and need assessment and the definition of the region as well as any survey of the target areas.
- Assist in the development of a promotional plan for the project and supervise its implementation.
- Raise monthly, quarterly, and annual plans to control the progress of the field.
- Contributing to the selection focal points in the target health facilities.
- Facilitation and coordination of field work and work to solve the problems facing the project team and raise these obstacles to Project Manager periodically.
- Resolve the administrative and logistics problems related to field activities.
- Plan and supervise the progress of planned training and continuous follow-up with the trainer to ensure that the training is done well and smoothly and at a high level of quality and prepare the related needed documents including the final report of the training.
- Review the monthly reports and statements and ensure that the data integrity is fulfilled before delivery to the Project Manager.
- Commitment to implement the field monitoring system adopted in the project.
- Archive the documents and correspondence of the project for easy reference upon request.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop the overall success of the project.
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling the organization’s values and ethical standards.
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the organization.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
- Fulfils all obligations to gender sensitivity and zero tolerance for sexual harassment.
- Knowledge of the use of information management.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and ability to use sound judgment to ensure the effective and timely completion of complex tasks.
- Ability to work under stress to meet deadlines.
- Positive attitude with a mind-set to deliver development services in a professional manner.
Communication and Computer Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent skills in report writing.
- Good computer skills.
- Acting as a team player and facilitating teamwork.
- Self-development and initiative taker.
- Managing conflict.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office.
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning.
Qualifications, Experience, & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- Previous experience working with an NGO with at least one year experience in humanitarian work.
- Professional knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Excellent in communication skills in both English and Arabic.
- Proven ability to lead and work effectively with others to achieve results.
- Strong leadership and ability to plan with good organizational skills, multi-task including prioritization and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent coordination, reporting and presentation skills.
- Initiative and ability to follow up on issues.
- Excellent skills in monitoring implementation of program activities.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply through the below links by Sep 28th, 2023 at the latest:
To apply for the position in Ad Dali, please click the below link:
To apply for the position in Shabwah, please click the below link:
**Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer.
- We have a zero tolerance to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse. Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s responsibility, and all staff are required to adhere to the Code of Conduct, that enshrines principles of PSEA, always (both during work hours and outside work hours.
Note: RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as interviews will be done on rolling bases.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from Confidential
مسئول تسويق و مبيعات وتطوير أعمالDeadline:27 Sep | Yemen
Travel Agency ManagerDeadline:27 Sep | Sana'a
Sales Representative (Tourism) - Insurance Experience PreferredDeadline:27 Sep | Sana'a
Internal AuditDeadline:27 Sep | Sana'a
HR Manager - مدير الموارد البشريةDeadline:30 Sep | Sana'a