Job Title: Project Officer
Job site: Yemen
Reporting to: Project Manager
Main contacts: Projects Team, Resonate's internal and external stakeholders, Resonate's Executive Director.
Application Closing Date:12 – December – 2023.
Duration of Initial Contract: One year (extendable based upon performance and funding availability).
Type of contract: Full-time
ABOUT Resonate! Yemen
Resonate! Yemen Foundation (Resonate!), is a non-for-profit civil society foundation contributing to inclusive and local sustainable development through the provision of institutional development and local community empowerment programs to diverse groups of development stakeholders including CSO's Youth and local Authorities. Resonate! Believes in community-based empowered interventions as a main source of local sustainable development. Thus, strengthening the capacities of different development stakeholders is essential to guarantee a better quality of service delivery especially during these challenging times.
During the past 10 years, Resonate! Had worked closely with a significant network of CSO's covering a wide geographical scope in Yemen. It provided its provided its local governorate implementing partners i.e.,CSOs and local authorities, both in the district and governorate level, with capacity building and technical support in various topics/areas including but not limited to: Social Accountability, Public Policy Governance, Advocacy, Project Management/Planning, Strategic Planning, Conflict Resolution, Peace building, Justice, Community Needs Assessment, Coordination and Networking, etc. While on the other hand, it worked towards building sustainable policies in Yemen while taking into consideration the input of Yemeni youth as major stakeholders in policy design and implementation bringing the voices and ideas of youth to public policy discourse while supporting youth action on issues of national and international significance.
- Provide comprehensive project management and support to ensure successful project outcomes within defined parameters:
- Develop detailed implementation plans for the project.
- Preparing reports and summaries related to the project.
- Coordinate resources effectively to improve project efficiency.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date project documentation.
- Implement and monitor project plans to ensure timely completion.
- Commitment to quality standards throughout the project life cycle.
- Ensure projects are completed within agreed budget limits.
- Ensure that projects are implemented within the specified scope.
- Track and report on project progress against established milestones.
- Monitor project deliverables to ensure timely completion.
- Ensure adherence to project plans and objectives.
- Coordinate with other departments in a timely manner to ensure that all activities are implemented in a timely manner and with the appropriate quality.
- Develop and manage project documentation to support reporting, monitoring and evaluation processes, ensuring the availability of high-quality information and contributing to the achievement of project objectives:
- Prepare comprehensive project documentation for reporting purposes.
- Maintain project documentation, ensuring accuracy and accessibility.
- Update project documentation regularly to reflect progress and changes.
- Follow up and evaluate project activities using documented information.
- Ensure the quality and integrity of project documents.
- Contribute to achieving project outcomes through effective documentation management.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to collect relevant data and information for documentation.
- Adhere to established standards and best practices for project documentation.
- Continuously improve documentation processes to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support knowledge sharing and learning by making project information easily available.
- Assist in media activities in coordination with the communication and communications officer to publicize the project’s activities and achievements.
- Facilitate effective communication with key stakeholders, coordinate working groups and committees, collect data to identify emerging issues and monitor project progress against defined milestones and deliverables, ensuring smooth project completion:
- Establish clear and open lines of communication with key stakeholders.
- Coordinating and scheduling working groups, committees and consultations.
- Facilitating the exchange of information between stakeholders.
- Identify emerging issues and potential challenges in a timely manner.
- Providing support and assistance to stakeholders as needed.
- Promote effective and collaborative relationships with stakeholders.
- Contribute to preparing proposals for new projects and developing program performance by submitting recommendations and lessons learned from previous projects.
- Any other tasks assigned by senior management.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Social Studies, or Local Development and a Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- At least three years of experience in the same field.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English, written and spoken, including preparing reports.
- Effective communication skills and plan preparation skills
- Leadership and team management skills, and general organizational abilities.
- Skills in dealing with the computer and its application programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint,.
- Ability to travel and move as needed.
- Ability to work under pressure.
How to Apply
To Apply, please visit the following link:
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not wait until the closing date, as resumes will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل