- Job Title: CP Case Management Officer
- Band/ Level / Grade: 8B
- Department: Child Protection
- Location: Al Hudaydah
BACKGROUND: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen began its programs in October 2012. Since establishing its presence in the South of Yemen, in the Red Sea Coastal city of Aden, the organization has grown from just an implementing small project to handling large scale emergency and relief operations. Following the war which broke out in Yemen in March of 2015 and the humanitarian disaster, which was crafted by the same, IRC launched one an emergency response program in the southern governorates of Aden, Lahj, Abyan, Shabwah and Aldalea. Currently IRC Yemen is operating in eight governorates in the south and north of Yemen and Sana’a and Hodeidah in the North through direct programming and through local partnerships, in Health, WASH, Nutrition, Economic Recovery Development, Education, Child Protection, Gender and Women Protection and Empowerment.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The CP Case Management Officer will be responsible to manage the case management program in (Alhudaydah)
The CP Case Management Officer will be responsible of the effective implementation and proper documentation of all CP cases, through supervision and support of Two caseworkers
This position will be responsible for leading the mobile team in Alhudaydah. The CMO will supervise effective implementation and providing individual case management and accurate documentation of malnutrition cases, through staff supervision and support our partners in Alhudaydah. The CMO works in close collaboration with CP Coordinator, CP manager and Senior officer.
Supervise two Child protection case management assistants, and report directly to Senior CP officer, and work closely with health, Nutrition and WPE teams to cultivate collaboration.
- Promote and actively participate in initiatives and efforts to build team engagement, inclusion, and cohesion in IRC.
- Foster ongoing learning, honest dialogue, and reflection to strengthen safeguarding and to promote IRC values and adherence to IRC policies.
- Ensure that each caseworker is effectively implementing the case management according to Standard Operating Procedures through regular individual meetings and case reviews with caseworkers. Monitor timescales for response, services follow-up and review of cases.
- Ensure cases are receiving appropriate support; and when needed, support individual cases and provide regular monitoring of all aspects of case management services.
- Provide ongoing technical support and capacity building to caseworkers through formal trainings and on-the-job training (ie: shadowing, observations, coaching sessions, etc.).
- Assign and review caseworker’s caseloads to ensure they are manageable and share challenges with Supervisor.
- Support and monitor the assistants during the presentation of Brighter future sessions on changing nutrition behaviors for parents.
- To ensure effective implementation of services mapping for children harmed or at risk of being harmed through appropriate assignment of cases, monitoring and mentorship to mobile response case workers.
- Provide mentorship individually and through group meetings, collaborate with other CM staff and partners to regularly report trends and communicate closely with the Senior officer, CPM and CPC.
- Conduct post-service child and family interviews to evaluate the quality and impact of case management by the case workers. Document feedback and analyses trends regularly; discuss lessons learned with the team and CPC and CPM.
- Consistently and proactively supervise and assess the safety of field teams; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and collaborating closely with community leaders and other external parties as the need arises to maintain/improve the security environment for IRC programs.
- Optimally empower in all capacity building including formal trainings, on the job mentor etc.
- Provide briefings on child safeguarding and appropriate behavior with children to all case management staff; ensure any concerns are reported and addressed immediately.
REQUIREMENTS: (Qualifications, Skills and Abilities):
- Technical diploma or degree in social work, human rights, or related degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a child protection caseworker, preferably in humanitarian or development settings.
Skills and Abilities:
- Validated understanding of working with children and particularly vulnerable children.
- Personal qualities: Team leader, flexible, strong interpersonal skills with children, caregivers, analytical skills, network-builder, able to handle pressure well and work in cross-cultural setting.
- Proficiency in Arabic.
- Written and spoken English is an advantage.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
IRC strives to build a diverse and inclusive team at all levels who as individuals, and as a group, embody our culture statement creating a working environment characterized by critical reflection, power sharing, debate, and objectivity for us to achieve our aspirations as a team and deliver the best possible services to our clients.
How to Apply
1- Qualified and Interested individuals are required to apply for this position via the IRC Career at:
2- For cornerstone application guide find the link: Cornerstone Application Guide
3- CV, Copies of the academic and work certificates should be submitted in the system.
Deadline for Applying: November 29, 2023.The system will stop receiving CVs at 12:00 A.M, November 29, 2023.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Other jobs from IRC
Roving WPE Senior OfficerDeadline:28 Nov | Aden
Roving WPE Data Officer - PartnersDeadline:28 Nov | Aden
CP Capacity Building / Partnership OfficerDeadline:29 Nov | Hodiedah
CP Case Management AssistantDeadline:29 Nov | Hodiedah
Women Well Being Roving Officer (WPE Roving Officer)Deadline:29 Nov | Sana'a