- Job Title: Health and Nutrition Officer
- Reports to : Project Coordinator
- Location : Taiz governorate (Ibb Hub) , Maqbanah District
2- About TYF
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-governmental and non-profit making. TYF seeks to support socio-economic interventions to create and secure adequate livelihood opportunities for members of society, and enable them to thrive, grow and participate in making immediate and long-term change, allowing everyone to live in peace and competence. TYF launched its Strategic Plan, covering broader development areas, targeting a larger segment of society and building on the alignment of humanitarian response, development and peace. TYF currently operates in a number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in, Food Security, Health, Nutrition, Shelter, CCCM, WASH, Protection, Education and Empowerment,
3- Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing technical support to health facilities (HFs) medical and paramedic’s staff:
- Train health facility staff on medical protocols, national, international and depending on the health and nutrition clusters’ guidelines, including hygiene protocols.
- Ensure the availability and use and respect of medical national protocols (international, and health and nutrition clusters guidelines as well) and Improve the quality of minimum service package (MSP) through observation and regular supportive supervision of medical and paramedics staff at the targeted health facilities and H&N project staff.
- Establish mechanisms of providing regular weekly/monthly feedback on statistics and health &nutrition activities to health facility staff and project staff.
- Plan and implement when necessary thematic capacity building or specific trainings according to the identified needs for health facility staff and project staff.
- Participate in establishing/improving referral system.
- Monitor, evaluate and reinforce the rational use of drugs/medicines by medical staffs in his/her supervised health facilities. Ensuring that patients receive medications appropriate to their clinical needs, in doses that meet their own individual requirements and for an adequate period of time needed to treat the clinical problem.
- Supervise drugs and consumables stock management in the health facility in collaboration with the assigned pharmacist.
- Ensure patient confidentiality is respected and treat all the patients with respect and dignity.
- Management and technical support of the health facility supervision team (the pharmacist and the nutrition assistant).
- Train project team, when necessary, on health and nutrition project activities, services, indicators objectives, issues, conflict sensitivity during conflict and risk management.
- Organize the weekly schedule of the project team to ensure the smooth running of the activities.
- Provide strong leadership skills project staff to ensure that they respect their assigned tasks, and understand and work according to internal regulations and principles.
- Collection and analysis of health, nutrition & pharmaceutical data and information.
- Provide the HF staff with the necessary data collection tools and ensure that they are fully conversant with these tools on timely bases (weekly/monthly).
- Perform proper trainings on data collection tools to ensure accurate collection and analysis of health facility data.
- Identify and rectify gaps or weaknesses in medical activities by using monitoring and supervision tools.
- Developing coherent project implementation strategy:
- Coordinate and follow-up with DHOs/GHO, and their focal points on different program related issues in in the targeted area(s) and provide regular updates to the program management team.
- Ensure always to have the updated demographical and population data sources from the related authorities in the district and the governorate.
- Coordinate with DHOs/GHO, for joint assessment visits either for a new location or to assess an ongoing activity or any outbreak investigations.
- Assist and ensure implementing a comprehensive need assessment of targeted health facility,if required,
- Assist and ensure the implementation of the project activities in collaboration with other project team and coordination team.
- Assist MEAL and project coordination teams in preparing data collection tools as well as medical and paramedics protocol according to national and international standards.
- Facilitate the coordination meetings and awareness sessions at the community level, together with community health workers/ volunteers.
- Reporting and attendance to different meetings , especially H&N Cluster meetings ,
- Investigate (Jointly with health facility team and eDEWS surveillance team at district level) any information regarding unusual health events or diseases outbreak, provided through any source and report accordingly (when necessary).
- Prepare weekly/monthly activities report (or according to the needs) to submit to the Health and Nutrition program Coordinator and Project coordinator
- Collect and compile project data regularly and submit it to the health & nutrition program coordinator, including statistical reports, case studies, and success stories.
- Compile epidemiological reports, nutritional status reports, and pharmacy reports for inclusion in medical reports or any other relevant reports.
- Ensure that the targeted indicators and activities are being met through regular follow-up of the data and the achieved outcomes.
- Any other task required by H&N Program coordinator and/or Project coordinator.
4- Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Medicine , Public Health or related technical field ,
- At least two years of experience in Health and Nutrition Projects with respected NGOs ,INGOs .
- Excellent technical and managerial skills
- Experience in writing quality reports.
- Experience in conduct trainings for HWs and coordination with GHO/MOPHP/SCMCHA.
- Excellent computer literacy with a full knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong data analysis, Facilitation, training, and coaching skills
- Very Good organizational skills, attention to detail and reporting in a timely manner.
- Teamwork and Management skills.
- Professional level in writing and speaking English.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel and stay at the field.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted to : Health and Nutrition Officer (google.com) ,
- Deadline to send your application is : 26th of September 2023 ,
- Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.
- TYF is committed to protect our staff and communities we work with from abuse and harm, so our selection process which includes rigorous selection process and background check, reflects our commitment to safeguarding.
- All staff are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our PSEA and Code Of Conduct policies, both in their private and professional lives.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل