Health and Nutrition Supervisor This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Health and Nutrition Supervisor
Terms of Reference
Division : Programs.
Location : Ma’rib (Ma’rib Al Wadi).
Reports to : Project Manager.
Organization & Background:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities, and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crises and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing, and health.
The Health and Nutrition Supervisor will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating health and nutrition interventions in Marib Governorate. This role involves supervising field activities, ensuring program quality, and collaborating with various stakeholders, including health professionals, community leaders, and partner organizations.
- Provide technical support for the implementation of health and nutrition activities.
- Supervise the implementation of health and nutrition interventions in Marib Governorate.
- Supervise the training for the medical staff and community health workers, planning and implementation of relevant training especially on Infection, Prevention and controls-IPCs and cholera cases management.
- Plan and follow up with health and nutrition facility staff and CHVs to reach services in a good and professional manner.
- Submit weekly/monthly statistics and reports to the Project Manager.
- Maintain good and positive contacts with GHO, DHO, local authorities, and community leaders to ensure their involvement in project activities.
- Assist the logistician in procurement / delivering of drug/medical supply/medical equipment.
- Provide regular supervision of supported health facility staff and emergency medical mobile team including data collection/records of patients and referrals.
- Ensure linkages and integration of mobile team activities and health facility services.
- Ensure the use and respect of medical protocols through observation and supervision of the medical staff and mobile team.
- Establish good relationships with the different stakeholders in order to have a smooth implementation of the project.
- Supervise and monitor the drug stock management in the supported health facilities and medical mobile team.
- Monitor drug consumption by establishing/maintaining mechanisms of consumption record and inform the Project Manager in case of any unusual consumption.
- Coordinate with the M&E staff as necessary to identify project`s activities quality issues.
- Submit weekly, monthly and comprehensive quarterly reports on implementation of planned health activities to the project manager.
- Any other tasks assigned by the line manager.
- Read, understand, and adhere to the organization’s Safeguarding Policy, sign the organization’s Code of Conduct and strive to promote a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination, harassment, and abuse in all working environments.
- Report any concerns about the well-being of a child or vulnerable person and report any concerns about the behaviour of the organization’s representative in relation to safeguarding.
Qualifications, Experience, & Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Nutrition, or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as team leader or supervisor preferably in INGOs.
- Experience In community health public health (familiar with primary health care package services).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and effectively with minimum supervision.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to inquiries from managers in the field.
- problem-solving skills with the ability to work effectively in a resource-constrained environment are highly preferred.
- Excellent communication/ reporting skills in English & Arabic.
- Strong computer skills and command of Microsoft Office software (Excel and Word).
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل