Finance Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Finance Assistant (UNOPS/LICA) - (2304233)
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Individual service contractor
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): Up to 6 months initially, to be extended based on the availability of funds, need for the position and performance.
Job Posting: May 16, 2023, 1:51:27 AM
Closing Date: Jun 2, 2023, 5:59:00 PM
Primary Location: Yemen-Aden
Organization: EM_YEM WHO Representative's Office, Yemen
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device's system settings.
THE VACANCY NOTICE MAY BE USED TO FILL OTHER POSITIONS AT A SIMILAR LEVEL ON NON-STAFF CONTRACTUAL MODALITIES (LICA, SSA, etc.)
Equivalent to G4 grade
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent will perform the following duties:1. Participate in administering the E-Imprest system. Ensure compliance with financial procedures, systems and internal controls according to Global Management System (GSM) instructions and WHO rules. Select and enter data from variety of documents, ensure accuracy in calculations and attach necessary supporting invoices or receipts of payments and payment authorizations.2. Record all expenses and receipts in the e-imprest and reflect it in the GSM in a timely manner.3. Process financial transactions and payments for WRO office and sub- offices related to staff and non staff costs, purchase orders, local purchases, etc, based on authorizations received from EMRO and GSC. Process e-Imprest transactions including processing purchase orders for services - Imprest, DFC's, GES and other activities with the aim to ensure accuracy of financial data, adequacy of supporting documents and maintenance of proper accounting records.4. Participate in the reconciliation of country office cash books and justification for any difference in reconciliation; prepare cash counts and to reconcile with the cashbooks on a monthly basis5. Compare cash books with bank statements to compute gain and loss in exchange rate on monthly basis and liaison with officials of local banks to obtain day-to-day information on exchange rates. Participate in the preparation of financial tables, special reports and other ad-hoc reports. Assist in initiating correspondence and answering queries related to area of work.6. Update and maintain financial records and monitoring systems to record and reconcile expenditures, balances, statements and other data for day-to-day transactions.7. Replace and assist other colleagues in the team and perform other related financial and administrative duties as required
Essential: Completion of secondary education; training in business administration/commerce and or technical courses in a field related to the work performed.
Desirable: Bachelor degree in business administration, commerce, accounting, social sciences or other related field is an asset.
Essential: At least three years of related experience in accounting and/or administrative work.
Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN system.
- Very good organizational skills.
- Proven knowledge of banking regulations and local laws.
- Good analytical and effective communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of the organization's policies and regulations in general, and in particular, regarding project activities and financial procedures is an asset.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Intermediate knowledge of English.
Desirable: Expert knowledge of Arabic.
The above language requirements are interchangeable.
WHO offers non-staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at USD 16,044 and 30 days of annual leave and other entitlements detailed out in Terms and Conditions of UNOPS/LICA.
- This non-staff position will be filled using a non-staff contract modality called Local Individual Contractor Agreement (LICA) administered by UNOPS.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- For information on WHO's operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Jobs you may be interested in
Posted 2 weeks ago
Deadline: 04 Jun. 2023
Posted 6 days ago
Deadline: 11 Jun. 2023