Financial Director (Re-advertised) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Position: Financial Director
Job location: Domain of the Republic of Yemen.
It is a non-governmental organization (NGO) established to work in humanitarian and development issues within vulnerable communities throughout Yemen. It has a 50-year-experience in various fields of humanitarian aid and development sectors such as:
Nutrition, health, water and sanitation, food security, cash for work assistance, education and scholarships inside and abroad. It focuses on improving the quality of life of poor people in Yemen.
Now, our organization is looking for a financial manager who have a good experience and high skills in financial analysis.
- To be responsible for maintaining the organization financial health sector.
- Assisting the top management in decision making on policies and strategy.
- To be responsible for managing the financial position of the organization through:
- Study all the financial transactions of the organization, and the financial situation in terms of liquidity and payments to analyze all these data that enables him to build forecasts for the financial future or the risks that the organization may face.
- Identifying the financial risks that will cause a problem to the organization's work.
- To be responsible to develop various financial strategies that are commensurate with the situation of the organization and serve its purpose, strategy, activities, and projects.
- To be responsible for managing the financial and accounting departments in the organization and its sectors in the proper manner that aims to achieve the financial strategy properly.
- To Help to recruit new staff for financial dept.
Duties and Responsibilities
The financial director is responsible to:
1. Manage and leading financial planning and strategy.
2. Run oversight on auditing and tax functions.
3. Participate in setting the main objectives that serve the organization's strategy.
4. Prepare sub-plans and executive programs for financial management to serve projects, and main objectives of the organization's sectors.
5. be Responsible for following up implementation of the financial management plans.
6. Participate effectively in the meetings of the Board of Trustees by giving opinions that help to get results and decisions making.
7. Participate in the development of the documentary cycle, regulations, policy, and procedures of the financial administration and its departments, and follow up their senior management approval.
8. Suggest improvement, remedial and preventive measures that would improve the performance of the work.
9. Supervise and approve sectoral budgets in order to make the whole organization's annual budget.
10. Review all financial reports in terms of reducing costs.
11. Supervise the periodic inventory of the treasury.
12. Keep and maintain all financial documents and books, and follow up the validity of these documents.
13. Keep complete copies of all financial documents.
14. Submit the organization's financial reports including all sectors and projects to the General Director of the organization based on the time frame he sets to discuss these reports in the periodic meetings of the Board of Trustees.
15. Monitor the performance of other departments in the organization to ensure compliance to the admitted accounting standards.
16. Secure the necessary funds for new projects and expansions that are required.
17. Manage financial risks and making mitigation plans to avoid the future risk that expected to happen within the organization's departments and implemented projects.
18. Provide public opinion and financial advice to the institution.
19. Ensure training and capacity building for the financial Dept. staff.
20. Develop and implement policies, procedures, and methodologies, consistent with the organization's financial regulations and rules, on issues relevant to field operations funds.
21. Monitor liquidity in all sectors' accounts.
22. Oversee the cash flows and operational reserves of field operations.
23. Carry out any other work assigned by top management.
24. Be available any time to travel inside and outside Yemen.
- Reviewing and supervising the organization's policies and regulations on imposing administrative penalties, and issuing payrolls, compensation, allowances, bonuses, and incentives of the organization's staff.
- Has the right to make decisions that lead to improve performance and business results in his area of work within his responsibility scope.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills.
- The ability to manage a financial team.
- The ability to monitor and evaluate the financial skills of the institution's financial staff.
- The ability to prioritize urgent tasks and responsibilities and work under pressure.
- High Proficiency skills in drafting financial and administrative reports.
- The ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Professional technical expertise that aligns with the above duties and responsibilities.
- Experience in using accounting systems professionally.
- Excellent skills in communication, conversation, and listening.
- Excellent organizational skills and prioritization.
- Creative Problem solver.
- Having ability of research and analyze.
- Preparation of excellent financial reports.
Education and experience:
- A Bachelor or master's degree in accounting or auditing at a minimum.
- Worked with senior management.
- Experience in the same field for not less than seven years and able to work in financial management and budget management.
- Having proven negotiation and analytical skills.
- Any courses that support administrative and financial skills.
- Fluency in both English and Arabic.
- Computer proficiency.
- CFA Certification preferred.
Note: the candidate must bring a valid commercial guarantee from one of the recognized bodies.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل