Project Assistant This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Yemen Aid is a non-profit organization in the United States of America. Established in 2016 by passionate professional Yemeni- Americans as a response to the humanitarian crisis in Yemen, with a role to bridge development, sustainability, and emergency response through a localized approach.
Yemen Aid would like to announce that the following position is currently open for recruitment:
Posted vacancy: Project Assistant
Location: Aden/ Lahj
Employer: Yemen Aid
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Position Type: Full-time contract.
Position reporting to: Project Manager.
Starting Date: As soon as possible.
The 6-month project aims to “Improving capacities of public services providers for scaling up the outreach to the most vulnerable” in the districts of Al-Buraiqah, Al-Mansura, Dar Saad, Al-Sheikh Othman and Khur Maksr in Aden Governorate and Al-Hawtah, Al-Madhariba, Habil Jabar, Tuban and Yafa’a in Lahj Governorate through conducting 15 multi-sectorial sub-projects (Infrastructure, WASH, Education and Health), which will preserve and adapt the service delivery infrastructure to evolving needs created by the crisis in the country.
The project is aligned with UNPD Progarmme: Strengthening Institutional and Economic Resilience in Yemen (SIERY): Infrastructure and Equipment under the for Local Resilience and Recovery Fund (L2RF).
The project assistant will assist the project manager in managing and supervising the sub-projects on daily tasks like, following up the site works and receiving the daily reports from the sites engineers, and then sharing the highlights with the project manager.
Each project assistant will be responsible for managing and supervising a team of five site-engineers (sub-projects) and then reporting directly to the project manager on daily and weekly basis.
- Being responsible for assisting the PM in managing the project aspects at the office and following the activities in the sites.
- Contribute to the preparation of the work plan, which brings together the WBS and the schedule, to serve as a comprehensive and detailed model map for the successful implementation of the project;
- Support the organization and planning of the project kick-off and end of project transition planning meetings, and follow-up on the project-related action points originating from these meetings.
- Ensure an effective management and communication channel between the project manager and the field-based engineers, in addition to a rapid response to any issue in the field.
- Ensure quick response to field work from the SIERY project management.
- Review the quality control and assurance reports and ensure that any highlights are addressed before submitting to the PM.
- Undertake field visits to provide guidance and supervision as well as to regularly monitor the progress of activities.
- Archiving, whether electronic or paper, writing minutes of meetings, and following up on the tasks contained therein.
- Ensure submit quality reports to the Project Manager during the project implementation phases including progress, weekly, monthly, quarter and end reports.
- Provide timely monitoring and quality assurance reporting on implementation of the SIERY Project based on reporting formats to be received from the donor.
- Ensure that All reports are along with supportive documents and means of verification for the site engineers. And all are compatible with donor`s requirements.
- Bring the attention of Project Manager and YA organization immediately, if any issue of contract variation is likely to occur or necessity for approval of such variations.
- Ensure that site supervisors (engineers) conducting daily on-site monitoring/supervision of activities;
- Ensure that reports are based on both quantitative and qualitative data which will be collected, analyzed and compiled to reports on a weekly and monthly basis.
Quality Assurance and Control:
- Participate in SIERY planning processes and actively support the delivery of SIERY activities in line with the project framework and Manual.
- Address the quality assurance notes and comments reported by the quality assurance and control officers.
- Assess the activities undertaken and ensure efficient use of resources;
- Undertake regular field visits to provide technical guidance and supervision as well as regularly monitor the progress of project activities.
- Discuss, plan and deliver appropriate corrective actions, including based on SIERY findings and recommendations;
- Manage the collection and application of appropriate lessons learnt and best practices to project, and ensure these lessons learnt are pro-actively shared with the supervisor and other team members to apply them in future project development processes.
In addition to the above mentioned tasks, project assistant should comply to any additional directions by the direct supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, preferably in water and sanitation.
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience in WASH sector at INGO or NGOs in both humanitarian and development contexts.
- Ability to manage and train WASH program staff on technical issues.
- Professional in writing routine reports and correspondence.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Fluent spoken and written English required.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior management, donors, and senior government leaders.
- Proven leadership and management skills including planning and budget tracking capacities.
- Strong networking, leadership, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Proficiency in computer skills (MS Office, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint, and Outlook, in particular)
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل
Jobs you may be interested in
Posted 1 week ago
Deadline: 07 Jun. 2023