Information Management Assistant (DTM) This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Open to Internal and External Candidates
- Position : Information Management Assistant (DTM)
- Organizational Unit: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM)
- Duty Station: Yemen, Sana’a
- IOM Classification: M5
- Type of Appointment : Third Party Contracted (TPC) MPH Monthly Contract, 6 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
- SVN No.: CFCV2022.066
- Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Closing Date: Sunday 03 JUL 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Organizational Context and Scope:
Working under the overall supervision of the Programme Manager (DTM) and the direct supervision of the Database Officer (DTM) and technical support from the information management team, the incumbent will support data-processing of large scale data collection, DTM information product design, and DTM information systems administration .
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1. Support the Database Officer in implementing and administering database information systems aimed at gathering and processing information required.
2. Assist in the development of data collection, data entry and data analytics tools to facilitate accurate and reliable data are collected, stored, and submitted in a timely manner, to be further processed.
3. Provide user support on data collection systems to facilitate smooth execution of DTM field operations. Perform maintenance of databases and data collection systems.
4. Assist in developing guidelines and training materials and organizing training sessions on data collection tools and DTM information systems for the field staff and relevant partners
5. Support the Database Officer in identifying gaps in data and information relevant to operations and assist in the preparation of reports on displacement trends, needs assessments and programme activities.
6. Implement proper backup, restore, data validation, and security procedures to ensure data consistency, integrity and availability, while guaranteeing the respect of IOM Data Management Policies, specifically regarding confidentiality and destruction of data.
7. Visit field offices to provide technical support to the usage of information and database systems.
8. Participate in meetings, and events organized at the local and national levels
9. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree / Certificate in Computer Sciences, information system or an equivalent combination of relevant training and field experience.
- Minimum five years of experience (Three years for University Degree holders) in Data/Information management, database development using any or more of the following tools: MS Access, SharePoint, Visual Basic, SQL Server. Knowledge of ARC GIS or other mapping software.
- Experience in using and managing data collection mobile application software (KOBO, ODK, Fieldwork).
- Ability and flexibility to travel frequently to required governorates.
- Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility, drive for results; capacity to work effectively and harmoniously within a team of colleagues from varied cultures and professional backgrounds.
- Experience working in international organizations and the humanitarian community will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies.
- Demonstrated team building and information management skills.
- Experience with handling confidential data.
Languages: English and Arabic
Required Competencies Values
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries
- Contributes to colleagues' learning
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
- Actively shares relevant information
- Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
- Writes clearly and effectively, adjusting wording to the intended audience
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
Creativity and Initiative
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
Leadership and Negotiation
- Convinces others to share resources
- Presents goals as shared interests
- Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Uses staff evaluations appropriately in recruitment and other relevant HR procedures
Planning and Organizing
- Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
- Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
- Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers
- Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives
- Gives credit where credit is due
- Seeks input and feedback from others
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate
- Actively supports and implements final group decisions
- Takes joint responsibility for team's work
- Learns about developments in available technology
- Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
- Understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, national of the country with automatic right to live and work in the country, and security clearances.
- Females with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
- As part of the application process, all candidates, regardless of the type or duration of the contract, must disclose any known relative who works for IOM or is engaged with IOM in any capacity.
- Non-compliance with the relative disclosure requirement can constitute a basis for withdrawal of offer of employment, or if the employment has begun, terminating the employment contract and/or disciplinary action.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل