Database Management Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Terms of Reference
Reports to: Project Manager
Organization & Background
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
The database management officer is responsible for the oversight, development and management of all organization databases related to the project in the designated field area. S/he will work under the supervision of the Project Manager. In fulfilling his/her responsibilities, s/he will work with other senior managers to ensure that the databases are carried out by collecting all relevant data and support in timely submission of quality data/information to stakeholders and to establish a transparent system that ensures smooth information flow. S/he performs data entry and validation to ensure accuracy, completeness, and legibility of data, entering data from internal and external sources. Maintains and audits data, providing status and activity reports as required.
- Compile and enter data and project information into databases from regularly collected (handwritten) registration forms; update, and revise data when details change.
- Enter data into appropriate fields, databases, records, and files.
- Transfer data from written records, interviews, and paper formats via computer, recorders, or scanners
- Responsible for the quality and maintenance of data entry. This includes reviewing and
- verifying data for accuracy by checking and comparing source documentation and correcting any inaccurate data.
- Create and maintain relevant Excel or Access databases and information management systems for the organization’s Health, WASH and Nutrition activities.
- Produce and update information products such as reports, charts, infographics, and other visual materials.
- Maintain a well-organized archive of field reports as well as donor reports.
- Provide data and data analysis for donor reports.
- Maintain data entry backup on regular basis (hard & soft copies).
- Organize paper formats, paper backups, and material source files as needed.
- In coordination with the M&E team, contribute to process improvements including developing and implementing databases, data collection systems, data analytics, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
- Performs other tasks or assignments required.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in information or data management and processing field or its equivalent.
- 3- 5 years of previous experience in data management or working with medical records.
- Data management roles preferably in complex emergency, humanitarian, or development projects for I/NGOs.
- Applicable knowledge working with statistical databases.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with stakeholders and staff.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability to effectively prioritize tasks.
- Must have excellent computer and technical skills.
- Must be detailed oriented.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل