Client Responsiveness and Accountability Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Job Title: Client Responsiveness and Accountability Officer
Band/ Level / Grade: 8B
Location: Aden, Yemen
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries, we restore safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC Yemen began its Health, Nutrition and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) programs in response to the impact of conflicts in Abyan and Aden Governorates in October 2012. Currently, IRC Yemen is operating in eight governorates through direct programming and through local partnerships in Health, WASH, Nutrition, Economic Recovery Development, Education, Child Protection, and Women Protection and Empowerment.
Handle the implementation of client feedback channels that are relevant to clients and to field staff. These include design and administration of data collection, focus group discussions (FGD) and reactive feedback mechanisms, consolidating client feedback, identifying key themes and challenges or opportunities to respond to, and reporting these to the management team for a decision on how to respond. The position holder records and monitors feedback and closes the case with clients, discusses the decisions taken, and receives and responds to additional feedback and questions.
Scope of Work:
The job holder will be responsible for the feedback channel for all the areas, conducting field visits, surveys, FGD, and individual meetings as well as crafting reports and supporting the staff.
Position Reports to: Senior Data Management CRA Officer
Position directly supervises: No one
Feedback Planning and Implementation
- Ensure that the feedback channels for all areas are in place and appropriate for the affected population: this may include conducting field visits, surveys and facilitating FGD, running individual meetings with communities.
- Generate reports on the implementation and use of feedback channels, per project result, including limitations and challenges.
- Assess the utility and efficiency of the established mechanisms for children and adults and propose recommendations for improvements.
- Facilitate access and provide support and input to specialist external consultancy firms running surveys and dialogues with clients.
- Provide support, advice, and training, where applicable for the management of client feedback.
- Feedback Monitoring, Reporting, and Response
- Ensure that feedback from all feedback mechanisms is collected and reported.
- Aggregate and disaggregate client feedback (according to gender, age, status, disability, sector, risk level, and other clients’ appropriate disaggregation).
- Present statistics on feedback received and feedback content in clear formats to highlight feedback trends, as well as synthesize qualitative feedback in ways that provide the detail that the program team will need to have an appropriate response.
- Analyze key themes, challenges, and opportunities for program improvement.
- Keep a record of how client feedback has been responded to through information collection and data analysis.
- Make sure the feedback loop with clients is closed within the agreed timeline to acknowledge their feedback and respond to them about what the IRC has done in response to feedback.
- Report on the number of cases that are closed/responded to and the timeliness of response.
Human Resource Management
- Maintain open and professional relations with other team members while promoting strong team spirit.
- Coordination and Representation
- Under the direct supervision of the CRA Manager, the CRA officer will work closely with the Senior Data Management CRA Officer, M&E manager, and Project team for support on areas of CRA and establishment of feedback Mechanisms.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop the IRC programs.
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field required (e.g., International Relations, Development, Anthropology, Sociology, English, Information Management, Computer, Statistics).
- Experience in analyzing and showing data in a way that facilitates effective decision-making.
- Ability to establish relationships with clients and community members, acting as a community liaison focal point.
- Self-directed and prioritize multiple demands and commitments and work flexibly in a team.
- Innovative, curiosity installing and the ability to develop and test new ways of working and solutions to problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills, good spoken and writing concise reports in English and Arabic.
- Working experience with refugees and/or IDPs and understanding the feedback channels preferred by displaced people.
- Experience in implementing feedback channels. These may include surveys, Focal Group Discussions (FGD), hotline, suggestions boxes, open feedback, etc.
- Passionate about humanitarian work and assistance.
The position will be based in Aden with frequent visits to field sites.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and carries out policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, age, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل