Job Title: Project Manager
Job site: Yemen
Reporting to: Executive Director
Main contacts: Projects Team, Resonate's internal and external stakeholders, Resonate's Executive Director.
Application Closing Date: 12 – December – 2023.
Duration of Initial Contract: One year (extendable based upon performance and funding availability).
Type of contract: Full-time
ABOUT Resonate! Yemen
Resonate! Yemen Foundation (Resonate!), is a non-for-profit civil society foundation contributing to inclusive and local sustainable development through the provision of institutional development and local community empowerment programs to diverse groups of development stakeholders including CSO's Youth and local Authorities. Resonate! Believes in community-based empowered interventions as a main source of local sustainable development. Thus, strengthening the capacities of different development stakeholders is essential to guarantee a better quality of service delivery especially during these challenging times.
During the past 10 years, Resonate! Had worked closely with a significant network of CSO's covering a wide geographical scope in Yemen. It provided its provided its local governorate implementing partners i.e.,CSOs and local authorities, both in the district and governorate level, with capacity building and technical support in various topics/areas including but not limited to: Social Accountability, Public Policy Governance, Advocacy, Project Management/Planning, Strategic Planning, Conflict Resolution, Peace building, Justice, Community Needs Assessment, Coordination and Networking, etc. While on the other hand, it worked towards building sustainable policies in Yemen while taking into consideration the input of Yemeni youth as major stakeholders in policy design and implementation bringing the voices and ideas of youth to public policy discourse while supporting youth action on issues of national and international significance.
- Effectively implement assigned projects that achieve the organization’s strategic vision, mission, and goals.
- Developing detailed implementation plans for the project.
- Closely supervising all activities in order to fulfill the organization’s obligations towards the targets and donors in the projects assigned to it.
- Achieving financial and ethical discipline in all project dealings with other parties.
- Managing the field project team, if any, to ensure that all outputs and results are fully achieved.
- Coordinate with other departments in a timely manner to ensure that all activities are carried out in a timely manner and with the appropriate quality.
- Maintain accurate and complete project records, including keeping them in electronic filing systems and paper copies.
- Submitting periodic reports on the progress and performance of the project to program management and from there to the donor.
- Establish short/long-term goals for implementing project activities, using research tools and reports received from the field and/or as a result of other outputs.
- Work closely with the project team to develop mechanisms for implementing joint activities, ensuring that all activities, documents and strategies are evidence-based, high quality, and authorized by the project manager.
- Prepare high-quality reports, papers, letters and other materials for internal and external use, and participate in representing the organization appropriately.
- Conduct frequent field visits to the targeted governorates and directorates to supervise activities and give feedback and guidance to facilitators, consultants and other logistical requirements.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all people involved in project implementation and maintain the highest standards of behavior when working with the target and host community.
- Working to network and strengthen external relations with government officials, other non-governmental organizations and international non-governmental organizations.
- Work with the organization’s team to develop strategies for implementing activities and ensure the integration of project objectives with the organization’s strategy.
- Working with the Foundation’s partner organizations to identify their needs and support them to develop the mechanisms of their interventions to suit the implementation of projects, as well as analyzing the policies and practices applied in the surrounding environment to inform the project team of all field developments that occur to find alternative strategies for implementing interventions.
- Assist in evaluating the outcomes and impact of the project in coordination with the Monitoring and Evaluation Unit.
- Assist in media activities in coordination with the communications officer to publicize the project’s activities and achievements.
- Contribute to preparing proposals for new projects and developing program performance by submitting recommendations and lessons learned from previous projects.
- Contributing to the development of future ideas for projects in cooperation with the Resource Mobilization Department.
- Participate in preparing proposals for new projects and attend their meetings, whether internally or externally.
- Any other tasks assigned by senior management.
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Project Management, Social Studies, or Local Development and a Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- At least three years of experience in the same field.
- Proficiency in Arabic and English, written and spoken, including preparing reports.
- Effective communication skills.
- Plan preparation skills.
- Leadership and team management skills.
- Skills in dealing with the computer and its application programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- General organizational capabilities.
How to Apply
To Apply, please visit this link:
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not wait until the closing date, as resumes will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل