Protection Officer This job has ended. You cannot apply anymore.
Oxfam is a global community who believe poverty isn’t inevitable. It’s an injustice that can be overcome. We are shop volunteers, women’s right activists, marathon runners, aid workers, coffee farmers, street fundraisers, goat herders, policy experts, campaigners, water engineers and more. And we won’t stop until everyone can live life without poverty for good.
Oxfam GB is a member of the international confederation Oxfam.
The Yemen Protection Team work in close collaboration with Oxfam programme teams at the country office and field offices, as well with our local partners; to contribute to the effectiveness of Oxfam’ protection work and humanitarian response in the country. Ensuring that Oxfam response is implemented in line with Oxfam’s policies and protection guidelines, that includes the ICRC professional standards, the IASC guidelines in protection, along with sphere protection principles and other relevant guidance notes from the clusters, in order to ensure high quality response and impact.
To promote Oxfam’ role and capacity, to deliver first- and second-line protection response, ensuring that Oxfam is in a better place to respond to the protection needs of the conflict affected - host and IDP communities in a timely and appropriate manner. This will be undertaken by following up Oxfam’ protection country strategy with main focus on; improving the centrality of protection and the integration of protection and safe programming in Oxfam humanitarian response of WaSH and EFSVL, that includes the implemention of community-based protection activities
The overall objective of this Post is to support in implementing conflict-sensitive and protection analysis, rights awareness within a community-based approach through, protection monitoring, facilitating access to services via information dissemination and referrals.
- The implementation of protection projects and activities, under the supervisor of the Country Protection team.
- Work closely with the program team and provide them with daily technical support, to ensure safe programming and do no harm in Oxfam response.
- Supporting Oxfam’ local partners, specifically the protection partners and build their capacities on the protection work and other related fields or technical areas.
- Promote safe programming and conflict-sensitive approaches in Oxfam protection interventions and OXFAM other interventions through technical capacity building.
- Support our local partners and ensure that they can provide individualized follow-up and safe referrals according to the protection minimum standards.
- Prepare and organize community consultations and community-based orientation sessions, in coordination with Oxfam team(s) and partners.
- Support the Programme Manager and Team Leaders to ensure appropriate integration of protection through all programme activities
- With support of the Programme Manager and Protection Manager, develop and update relevant Information, Education and Communication tools (leaflets, brochures, posters etc.)
- Coordinate and organize regular internal mapping of services available in the area of intervention.
- Support the Programme Manager in developing safe programming and conflict-sensitive approaches to the humanitarian response.
- In collaboration with the Protection Manager, ensure program staff are fully trained on existing referral systems and relevant SOPs.
- Capacity building for Oxfam staff &CHVs on safe programming / protection to ensure integrating and designing projects accordingly.
- Establishing community-based protection committees and Improve self-protection capacity of the community and government authorities.
- Enhancing accountability to existing standards: Embedding minimum safe programming standards in Oxfam’s humanitarian operating model.
Advocacy and Research;
- Lead and supervise assessment teams of partners or third party during the conducting thematic surveys, needs assessment and data collection for protection-related research
- Monitors protection issues affecting IDPs and host population in areas of operation, and conduct Rapid Protection Assessment to ensures the ongoing identification of persons with specific needs (e.g. women and children at risk, survivors or at-risk of gender-based violence, older persons, persons living with disabilities, etc.)
- Participates in updating the protection risk analysis for the protection threats and concerns (including GBV) that IDPs and Host Community are at risk of or encountering, or could face, due to Oxfam work.
- Support protection-related advocacy researches and surveys in coordination with the Protection Coordinator and the Policy team.
Coordination and communication:
- Develop lines of communication and close collaboration with the PHE, PHP and EFSVL teams and contribute to a coordinated humanitarian response
- Liaise with logistic and procurement to ensure protection activities have the required resources in good time. Complete and keep records of the necessary paperwork
- Build and maintain good communication and close collaboration with the local partners and authorities, in order to contribute to a coordinated humanitarian response.
- Attend the protection cluster meetings and other sub cluster meetings at the hub.
- Contribute to the development of the relevant Information, Education and Communication tools (leaflets, brochures, posters etc.) required, with support of the Protection Manager.
MEAL and reporting
- Support and coordinate with MEAL Officers and assistants for baseline survey, post-distribution and other monitoring activities.
- Support country teams to ensure MEAL processes are engendered and include protection to ensure learning and protection issues are captured.
- Produce regular protection updates and field visit reports
- Reporting; prepare the monthly reports and participate in writing the first draft of the projects /donor reports, then share it with the line manager and Country Protection Manager.
- Contribute and share inputs to Oxfam monthly Sitreps,
- Prepare weekly and monthly plans
OTHER duties and responsibilities requested by the line manager
How to Apply
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل