- Job Title: MEAL Officer
- Reports to : MEAL Manager
- Location : Taiz governorate (Ibb Hub) , Maqbanah District
Tamdeen Youth Foundation (TYF), is a humanitarian Organization which is private, nonpolitical, non-governmental and non-profit making. TYF seeks to support socio-economic interventions to create and secure adequate livelihood opportunities for members of society, and enable them to thrive, grow and participate in making immediate and long-term change, allowing everyone to live in peace and competence. TYF launched its Strategic Plan, covering broader development areas, targeting a larger segment of society and building on the alignment of humanitarian response, development and peace. TYF currently operates in a number of governorates in Yemen where it has implemented projects in, Food Security, Health, Nutrition, Shelter, CCCM, WASH, Protection, Education and Empowerment,
2- Purpose of the position
The role of the Monitoring, Evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL) officer is to support better performance and greater accountability by implementing Result-Based Management (RBM) of the programs at the field level, in order to guide and improve performance. The MEAL officer will provide technical support for designing methodologies and tools to ensure the availability of clear and accurate data at the project level. The MEAL Officer also plays an important role in data management and quality by designing a MEAL system that adheres to the TYF’s MEAL policy and standard procedures and MEAL Guidelines, as well as TYF’s Minimum Standards for Quality.
S/He is responsible for designing and implementing all MEAL activities of the projects under the TYF-Ibb field office, the MEAL officer is responsible for assisting the Project Manager in preparing semi-annual and annual reports on project progress and monitoring the project activities on a regular basis.
3- Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the MEAL activities and MEAL plan (such as indicators matrix, IPTT) that are aligned with the project log-frame.
- Participate with project manager and IMO in coaching/training and building capacity of project teams to collect and manage their relevant data and regularly providing them the necessary development to improve performance and accountability on quantitative and qualitative data collection methods.
- Tracking the project performance on monthly bases, by assessing the progress of the project in achieving the agreed outputs by coordinating the collection and analyzing the progress data against the performance indicators (through the IPTT); and ensuring timely compilation and reporting of data.
- Designing and conducting the monitoring assessments (such as PDM, PSM, baseline, and endline assessments) of the project, in compliance with TYF’s assessment/survey standard procedures. And use proper sampling techniques (probability and non-probability) with taking into account the desired power; study objectives and type (e.g. single point or multiple points; baseline vs endline); and budget limitations.
- Oversee and quality assurance of all field data collection exercises, data management, and analysis, as well as contribute to timely and quality reporting on the projects.
- Organize the planning for project data quality audits and monitor and coordinate routine data quality audits conducted in different sites, compile results at the level of a project, and develop action plans to implement corrective measures.
- Facilitate the capacity-building process to the project team on knowledge, skills, and competencies necessary for effective MEAL through training and coaching.
- Organize reviews and learning events that aim to regularly capture the knowledge, good practices, and lessons learned.
- Support the project team in extracting lessons learned and good practices, and documenting case studies that demonstrate qualitative and quantitative changes.
- Create and integrate graphs in reports and information products to help visualize data in a meaningful way.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- Lead on CFM activities, including the development and use of CFM awareness materials and the establishment of a complaints response mechanisms.
- Design and implement, under the supervision of the MEAL manager, studies, assessments and learning in coordination and cooperation with sectors’ technical coordinators and project staff.
- Be responsible for complaints suggestion boxes and visibility items implementation at targeted sites at field level ensuring they are in place and maintained, and that information submitted by phone/hotline or email is entered promptly into the database.
- Reporting, Communication, Archiving, and Representation:
- Generate and prepare timely and high-quality reports according to defined methodology and schedule (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, final, assessments, PDMs, baseline and endline surveys reports, accountability reports, …etc.), and other documentation as required.
- Contribute to the development of donor reports (e.g., analysis and interpretation of project data).
- Contribute to the development of internal reports (e.g. PDM and PSM reports) and presentation of findings/learnings to relevant team members.
- Maintain integrity and organization of monitoring documents (including MoVs) and collaborate in their capitalization and archiving.
- Maintain the archiving and documentation system of the MEAL unit updated (ensure that all the documents of the program/project are properly kept and hardcopy filed in the office).
- Regularly collate and document lessons learned and share best practices in data collection, M&E with projects/programs staff and/or external stakeholders after the approval of MEAL Manager.
- Participate in the preparation of the required documents whenever requested for the internal and/or external monitoring (e.g. donor’s-assigned 3rd Party Monitoring Agency (TPM))
4- Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required, in statistics, demographics, public health, or international development preferred.
- A minimum of three years of similar work experience is required.
- The candidate should be able to work independently – with minimum supervision and guidance from supervisors.
- Demonstrated and extensive social media experience is an added advantage.
- Good knowledge and strong demonstrated experience in monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning, including participatory approaches.
- Experience in and the ability to facilitate capacity building and training at different levels for MEAL and NON-MEAL staff
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills are required,
- additional language skills are a plus, team managing and leading, excellent coordination and organizational skills.
- Ability to plan workload and demonstrate accountability for outputs with minimal direct supervision. Ability to work under pressure, ability to prioritize, and commitment to meet deadlines.
- Proven knowledge of computerized systems; high degree of computer literacy and word processing and spreadsheet/Excel skills.
- Experience with statistical packages (e.g. SPSS, STATA) and familiarity with IT applications to support MEAL and information management an added advantages.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted to : MEAL officer (google.com) ,
- Deadline to send your application is : 30th of September 2023 ,
- Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment.
- TYF is committed to protect our staff and communities we work with from abuse and harm, so our selection process which includes rigorous selection process and background check, reflects our commitment to safeguarding.
- All staff are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our PSEA and Code Of Conduct policies, both in their private and professional lives.
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل