Search for Common Ground (Search) is an international non-profit organization that promotes peaceful resolution of conflict. Search’s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict - away from adversarial approaches and toward cooperative solutions. Search seeks to help conflicting parties understand their differences and act on their commonalities. With a total of approximately 400 staff worldwide, Search implements projects from 39 offices in 36 countries, including in Africa, Asia, Europe, the Middle East, and the United States. The organization is an exciting and rewarding place to work at, with a dedicated and enthusiastic staff who love their work. You will be joining a highly motivated staff with a good team spirit and there will be opportunities to grow in the role. Search has been working in Yemen since 2010 to promote social cohesion through work with youth, media, and women’s groups across the country. Search Yemen is seeking highly qualified individuals for the following position:
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Commit to implementing the goal of gender equality and maximize the participation and involvement of women and men in all aspects of program implementation.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all people involved in project implementation and maintain the highest standards of behavior when working with the community targeted.
- Adhere to all organizational policies and procedures as outlined in Search policies and procedure manuals.
- Follow all organizational protocols and regulations according to guidance provided by the HR department
Vacancy: Finance Assistant
Duration: 1 year renewable based on fund availability and performance.
The Assistant is responsible for
- Performing general financial duties
- Assisting Financial Manager and Finance Officer with his/her tasks as instructed
Based in Aden, the Finance Assistant will report to the Finance Officer. S/He will provide administrative and financial support for Search projects.
- Responsible for handling the petty cash tasks in Aden for USD and YER office and reconcile the cash on daily basis.
- Prepare cheque requests and TRF's related, after verifying the validity of the attached documents and following up on obtaining the required signatures on the cheques in the accordance with the applicable authorities.
- Responsible for the TRF letters by stamping from the admin, make a photocopy and deliver to the IBY (International Bank of Yemen), and Al - Kuraimi Bank as well as follow up any money order or transfer regrading all activities.
- Focal Point of SFCG to International Bank of Yemen (IBY) and Al - Kurimi Bank
- Make sure the supporting documents for all payments are signed by the authorized persons.
- Responsible for attaching the bank and Al - Kuraimi receipts / vouchers to the related documents.
- Review and stamp the Interventions documents besides scanning and archiving.
- Scan and archive all financial transactions on daily basis.
- Moves older files from the finance Office to the Archive.
- Ensure that all files are kept properly in a professional filling system.
- Facilitate access to financial and project documents by finance staff, donor representatives, internal / external auditors, and regulatory authorities.
- Maintain a separate file for the bank payments ( based on currency , petty cash , bank transfers , accruals , and advances on monthly basis .
- Responsible for putting Paid Stamp on financial documents and file them sequentially basis .
- Translate any financial documents.
- Perform any other related duties as required and assigned by the line manager .
- Supporting the Area Finance Team by Facilitating payments and making sure that all document completed , compliant , and have all required signatures.
- Comply with all relevant SFCG Policies and Procedures with respect to safety , Security Equal opportunities and other Relevant Policies .
Key Required Skills
- Administrative and Financial experience.
- Previous experience in project management financial cycle.
- Well-developed written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Well-developed organizational and file management skills.
- Time management skills with the ability to multitask different tasks simultaneously.
Other duties/additional tasks
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
- University certificate/diploma or similar qualification from a recognised establishment or equivalent experiences.
- At least 1-2 years’ professional experience in a comparable position.
- Good working knowledge of IT technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office especially Excel).
- Good knowledge of Arabic and English languages.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key responsibilities.
How to Apply
To apply, interested candidates should send the following items to our employment portal here:
- Updated resume
- Cover Letter
Only applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Please see our website www.sfcg.org for full details of our work.
All Search Employees must adhere to the values: Collaboration - Audacity - Tenacity - Empathy - Results. In accordance with these values, Search enforces compliance with the Code of Conduct and related policies on Anti Workplace Harassment, Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Conflict of Interest and Anti-fraud.
Search for Common Ground does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. For more information on Search, including its core values and competencies, please visit Search website at www.sfcg.org
Important Notes / مقترحات هامة
إتباع تعليمات التقديم المذكورة في كل إعلان ستزيد من فرصة النظر لسيرتك الذاتية من قبل الجهة المعلنة
تذكر أن تكتب إسم الوظيفة و موقعها في عنوان البريد عندما يكون التقديم عبر الإيميل